Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

k3/k4 china made ebay stator covers, anyone used them?

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Pusmonkee 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Need a new stator cover for my k3. tired of looking at the ugly aftermarket chrome thing on there.

The black OEM looking china ebay ones seem legit, but anyone used one?

TIA

#3 ·
all I can say with anything "china and ebay" its hit or miss with more misses that hits, the levers are great, I have always got the 15-20eur levers for all my bikes and I have to say they are bang on, the only thing is they are not designed to break at the tip like the oem or proper aftermarket as asv, pazzo etc so they could do some potential damage to your master if you art unlucky.
As far a engine covers I defo would not trust them to even fit, I found a k5/6 front dark tint screen and for 10e I said Id chance it, I dont need it but if it fits grand and looks grand how bad as a spare.

I got a lovely rear break res from the UK for around 20 i think and she has the proper rubber diagram thingy that expands and she was machiened to code but orginally from china so there are good chinese shit and shit chinese shit, I usually just look at the neutral and negative feedback forgetting the positive and you will get an idea there

this lad here can be got from ebay china for 15, or 25 if ordered from the uk for faster delivery and she is well made and takes away that shit look of the factory rectangular one. proper rubbers in her for diafram expansion and dot 4 only

excuese the dirt, its pissing here in Ireland , just cleaned her yesterday, ye south cal lads are lucky :)

only thing to note they dont measure up to the stock tubing so I inserted a fluid resistant inner that could seal on the res unit and slid that down the stock hose just cutting off an inch

ebay brake levers, I could never fault them

never get engine covers or even indicators or anything with wiring you will regret it , and defo not their cheap fairing with the mountain holes glued on, fu%% that

#5 ·
all I can say with anything "china and ebay" its hit or miss with more misses that hits, the levers are great, I have always got the 15-20eur levers for all my bikes and I have to say they are bang on, the only thing is they are not designed to break at the tip like the oem or proper aftermarket as asv, pazzo etc so they could do some potential damage to your master if you art unlucky.
As far a engine covers I defo would not trust them to even fit, I found a k5/6 front dark tint screen and for 10e I said Id chance it, I dont need it but if it fits grand and looks grand how bad as a spare.

I got a lovely rear break res from the UK for around 20 i think and she has the proper rubber diagram thingy that expands and she was machiened to code but orginally from china so there are good chinese shit and shit chinese shit, I usually just look at the neutral and negative feedback forgetting the positive and you will get an idea there

this lad here can be got from ebay china for 15, or 25 if ordered from the uk for faster delivery and she is well made and takes away that shit look of the factory rectangular one. proper rubbers in her for diafram expansion and dot 4 only

excuese the dirt, its pissing here in Ireland , just cleaned her yesterday, ye south cal lads are lucky :)

only thing to note they dont measure up to the stock tubing so I inserted a fluid resistant inner that could seal on the res unit and slid that down the stock hose just cutting off an inch

ebay brake levers, I could never fault them

never get engine covers or even indicators or anything with wiring you will regret it , and defo not their cheap fairing with the mountain holes glued on, fu%% that
Man that is criminal you should be locked up putting shit like that on a wicked bike like that. It's like having a super hot girl then getting her to dress like a mong! Just my opinion pal ?

#4 ·
Bought an ebay stator cover for around $25, it leaked so bought an oem and installed it with no leaks now so going with a cheap ebay Chinese cover ended up costing me more than would have to just get a $100 oem. Lesson learned so next time oem only for me on items like case covers. I have GBR protectors on my covers as added protection now.

#12 ·
Hey guys,

Need a new stator cover for my k3. tired of looking at the ugly aftermarket chrome thing on there.

The black OEM looking china ebay ones seem legit, but anyone used one?

TIA
I have used 1 from EBay... Got that a stator and rectifier... Cheap for 35 bucks and yes, I know, I hear that "it's not good bullshit if it's cheap"... But I can tell you I have had it on now for 3 years and shows no sing of failing... As far as the stator and rectifier, I only used the cover and the stator, when I got to the rectifier, the pigtail was melted... They appeared to be of the correct gauge wiring and what not...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.