Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Silver K3 that is the best bike I have ever owned. However, I have somewhat of a minor quandary about my 1000. For some reason I can't to figure out, I keep striping the lower fairing bolt on the left side (the small fairing bolt nearest to the kickstand). I am not a "heavy hand" kind of guy, but I have striped 2 bolts so far. It is always in the same spot. Is anyone else having this problem? Are there any other stronger bolt options out there?

I know these are probably really stupid questions, but I have to ask. I am really careful each time (obviously not careful enough), but I seem to keep striping the same bolt. I bought a few extras the first time I striped it just in case, but thought I would query GDC to see if anyone else had this problem and if anyone else found a solution. Anyone? Help a brotha out

·
Premium Member
73,386 Posts
did you strip the threads or the hole where you put the hex head?

·
Premium Member
73,386 Posts
you probably have bad tools. hex head bolts are very sensitive to different tolerances, so i would suggest getting some snap-on hex head wrenches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.