Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Quick question, and before I get flamed I *have* tried searching for this infomation. Numerous times, in fact. I didn't want to be one of *those* kinds of people, but...

I'm moving back to Suzuki after a stint with my CBR600RR, and I'm considering either a K2 or a K3 1000. I've found lot of info distinguishing those two bikes from a technical perspective, but what I want to know is about the difference in the ride between the two years. Comfort, quality, passenger accomodations, etc.

I do a *lot* of middle-distance riding (300-400 miles), so the ride quality is pretty important to me.

Comments or references are greatly appreciated.

Thx much.

Ima

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, ridden both, but only for brief moments, and the pre-eminent reaction was "man, this is way different from my CBR".

Not very useful in terms of back-to-back comparisons.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i would go with the K3 but that is me and i have only ridden 1 k3 and 1 k2 and the k2 was a piece (it had been down like 3 times)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL

Thanks for the response. If nothing else, I've now narrowed the field to a K3 or a non-piece K2.

·
Premium Member
73,234 Posts
either way it will be more comfortable than the wood plank seat of the honda. i prefer the 03's ergos.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I rode both brand new K2 and K3's. For taller people the K2 is more comfortable, the K3 feels like the better handler.
The K2 feeeels faster and seems to loft the front wheel easier, but the K3 is meant to have more HP. Actual weight was up on the K3 vs the K2 but only by 1 or 2 kilo's - despite what suzi claim.
The K3 had radial brakes but smaller discs - that made the k2 brakes just as good to my feel.
After riding both bikes back to back for about an hour each - I went with a K2. Both are awesome bikes and your really picking between variety of apples from the same country.
You can't really go wrong.
Cheers S.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I took k2 for about 200 mile ride.. awesome bike. Very powerful and comfy.. corners like a champ and feels good about it even if the road is damaged (big difference from my 03 zx6r).

I just bought an k3 and can't wait to try it out when it arrives.. ( did ride a 2004 750 and also liked it a lot, so k3 will surely satisfy my needs).

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I've owned both. It depends on how you like your bikes. The K3 is stiffer with an engine that revs a bit quicker. Its better for riders over 200lbs. The K2 is a little softer and if you lighter will probably feel better.

Comfort wise they are almost the same to me, never noticed a material difference.

K3 lowers had paint problems so many are chipped very badly.

Good luck finding a clean K2, easier to get a better value in a K3.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the input folks.

The 600RR is now sold, so we'll have to wait and see what comes next

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
"K3 lowers had paint problems so many are chipped very badly."
Tell me about it! My Fairings were a mess, Regional Suzuki rep is replacing both sides under warranty! They should be here on Thursday!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts