Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PC-3, full Micron serpent exhaust.TRE,OEM air filter, 92 octane,SAE corrected .98 ,74.80F,28% Humidity, 29.87 in-Hg, A/F ratio pretty damn close... 143.9 RWHP? Sound OK?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I don't know all the details on mine, but my '02 made 148.9 with only a PCIII and a bolt-on Remus. 143 stock. Sounds low to me, but could be the dyno.

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
a few things... what kind of dyno?
and quite possibly b/c of high miles and bad break in(by the book) you could be low on compression and time for a rebuild, pistons, rings, bottom end... do a simple compression check to begin with if you suspect problems with the bike.. otherwise need info on type of dyno... good luck

·
Registered
131 Posts
My 01 ran a 148.6 with a pcIII, bolt-on and a bmc race filter. Dyno was in Summit point raceway in August. I would think yours should be running mid 150's ?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The map doesn't specify what type of dyno? I'm new at this. And yes JetSpeedz I did a factory break in( If I only knew then what I know now
) Bike has under 8000 miles. Thanks for any input guys!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way Friend of mine same dyno same conditions 5 minutes later full hindle on an '03 153 RWHP! 10 horse difference?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also before I dynoed the bike my friend said " I predict 152 RWHP" Tuner said that he would be surprised at that # and where it ended up was where he expected.

·
Registered
941 Posts
my 01 1K made 147.9 HP with a slipon, BMC Race filter, TRE, Pair mod, PC IIIR, and a custom map. This was STD corrected I hear SAE reads a few HP lower then STD.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where should "good" compression #'s be at?

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
james, don't forget he was using sae correction factor, which is the stingiest of them all.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hear ya Anthony,I just wanted a "gauge" to compare against.Gonna do a comp test to see if my my unwillingness to "ride it like I stole it" during break-in did screw up my comp #'s.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
My 02 made 144 stock as a rock, filter, pipe, PC3 made 153 rear wheel - 05 Yam R1's ran on same dyno hours b4 made 152.
The 03 model did not have any significant increase in power so you've either got something wrong somewhere. Compression should not be down after so few miles, but could be.
I'd look at cam timing, mapping, injector's or similar.
Also bear in mind that some bikes run as much as 6-8 HP different, same models. Production tolerances are somewhat....not all that accurate on some bikes.....
Seeing as though your air / fuel is good, i'd look at cam timing first, valve clearances or something along those lines - but something is definate - not quite right.....
How much does you mate pull on you thru the gears ??

Si.

·
Registered
941 Posts
my 01 has 28,000 miles on it and it is still putting out 147 HP with the slip on and PC IIIR....

·
Registered
479 Posts
By the way Friend of mine same dyno same conditions 5 minutes later full hindle on an '03 153 RWHP! 10 horse difference?
This dyno sounds like it reads low to me.

My K3 made 153-154 SAE with just a slip-on, BMC race, PAIR mod and TRE, on two different dynos. The second one was brand new top of the line dyno-jet (don't know the model number)

A bike with a full hindle will make more than me! I think on another dyno you would read 5-7 HP higher!!! I just pu ton a full hindle and after i get my short stacks in im going to get a Yosh box tune and dyno again, so we'll see. But like i said, i think your dyno reads low!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok did a compression check according to Suzuki. Warmed up engine . Gauge read 180F. Cranked for max comp # as per manual.
#1 200
#2 195
#3 205
#4 185?
Is it possible #4 was "washed down" with fuel to create the low comp #? Was going to run bike again and try #4 again but I'm too pissed off!
On another note,would loss of packing in the muffler affect exhaust back pressures decreasing power eventhough I have a full exhaust?

·
Premium Member
11,910 Posts
New version of winpep on that DJ dyno... so that is not the case....... 143 is just a tad bit low for a bike with your mods...... whu operators plot "speed" is just beyond me, it's just about worthless (unless tuning for time-to-speed points).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts