Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can NOT get this thing to run right. It sat for like7 years with bad gas so I replaced everything fuel related. Tank, injectors, pump assembly... It starts and rides but it's really weak and just has no power. The only way I can get it to start is by unplugging the vacuum line that goes to the IAP Sensor on the bottom of the air box. If I plug that in it dies immediately. Also, when I unplug the wires going to the TPS it runs a lot better too. I swapped the AP and the IAP sensor (to see if my IAP was bad) and there was no difference, so I swapped them back. Idk what else to do, does this mean my ECU is bad?

Fuel pressure is good.
Spark plugs are good.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,180 Posts
Many things seem to be wrong there so I can't really advise on a fixing strategy, but I can offer some thoughts which might help.

When you unplug the the vacuum hose, the ECU effectively reads WOT all the time. If that helps, then I would assume that you have a fuel starvation issue of sorts, and thinking that you've opened the throttle wide open causes the ECU to open the injectors for longer periods and somehow compensates. If disconnecting the TPS helps only when you've also disconnected the vacuum line, then that could be explained by the fact that disconnecting the TPS causes the ECU to rely solely on the IAPS for fuel metering, which helps due to the artificial WOT reading.

You've mentioned a good fuel pressure. Have you measured fuel volume?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts