Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2017 GSXR 1000 with about 11k miles on it. The Bike runs great but the engine seems to be making a rattling noise when its bellow 6k RPM. The Bike dose have a full exhaust system and a dyno tune. Should I be concerned?

Note: when I'm over 6K RPM it sounds perfect.

·
Registered
101 Posts
In my 2020 the engine became noisy after the first oil change. Particularly in the 2k-4k rpm range. You can hear everything rattling tapping clacking ticking. After huge research looks like it's normal, gsxr engines are everything but quiet. The valves may also need a check

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my 2020 the engine became noisy after the first oil change. Particularly in the 2k-4k rpm range. You can hear everything rattling tapping clacking ticking. After huge research looks like it's normal, gsxr engines are everything but quiet. The valves may also need a check
11k miles

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki gsxr 1000
12 Posts
Hmmm I wonder if it’s the same noise as mine. In gear it rattles but in neutral it doesn’t. Mechanic thought clutch basket

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hmmm I wonder if it’s the same noise as mine. In gear it rattles but in neutral it doesn’t. Mechanic thought clutch basket
I may be wrong, but if it's clutch basket the sound will go away if you pull the clutch. It's common problem for uneven firing engine afaik

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki gsxr 1000
12 Posts
I may be wrong, but if it's clutch basket the sound will go away if you pull the clutch. It's common problem for uneven firing engine afaik
Yea it does but I actually figured it out! It’s that piece on the stock headers. The header exhaust valve maybe? Under the black piece. I have stock headers still. Just had to tighten up the cable and it pretty much went away!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yea it does but I actually figured it out! It’s that piece on the stock headers. The header exhaust valve maybe? Under the black piece. I have stock headers still. Just had to tighten up the cable and it pretty much went away!
Ohh no wonder. I was under the impression you already got a full sys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts