Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, first off I did search, but I only came up with old posts ('03) that had expired links and the pictures didn't show.. Are there any other options aside from hacking the rear fender off? I would just feel kinda stupid if I did it wrong and screwed it up.

I know there's undertails that can be had, but I'm just worried about the LED brake signal combo as I hear they are hard to see during the day. Also, I hear that there's one's that fit good and others that don't fit for spit.

Any ideas or links would be great as I don't know that many web sites.

Does anyone have the outline diagram to cut off the fender?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Jeff405 said:
I went for the cheap route and just cut the stock one down.
Where are your signal lights and license plate?
Can you post a close-up of the taillight area?

I can't find a decent eliminator that has good lighting either so I might have to go this route until I find something suitable.

Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah i just cut mine too ( its alot cheaper ) . Buy an intergrated tail light that solves the turn signal problem and for the license plate just buy some L brackets...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Deanner said:
Yeah i just cut mine too ( its alot cheaper ) . Buy an intergrated tail light that solves the turn signal problem and for the license plate just buy some L brackets...
thats exactly wat i did. i think there's also an undertail out there that keeps the stock light.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah i am thinking of buying the same one off ebay. they are not painted just in case you didnt already know. i just bought the intergrated tail light and thats the only one that i can find that lets you keep you stock tail light. This is what it looks like so far

·
Registered
542 Posts
Deanner said:
Yeah i am thinking of buying the same one off ebay. they are not painted just in case you didnt already know. i just bought the intergrated tail light and thats the only one that i can find that lets you keep you stock tail light. This is what it looks like so far

Looks nice.
I read that the LEDs are not bright enough during the daylight hours.
What are your veiws on this?
BTW....do the signal lights blink faster than stock?
Also how are you going to mount your license plate?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I havent had it on the road with the clear tail light,

- it seems bright enough inside but it doesnt seem like there is much difference between my running light and break light. I'll just tap my brakes lots hopfully that will get ppl attention

- my signals do blink a little faster than stock but its nothing i would worry about or even think about spending money on to fix i actually kinda like it..

- for the licence plate, i am going to mount it on the 2 pieces of plastic right beside the to front luggage hooks. A couple of brackets from home depot should for the trick or i might even go with a couple tie wraps if i am feeling really cheap. The problem with the plate is going to be when i buy a undertail.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Where are your signal lights and license plate?
Can you post a close-up of the taillight area?

I can't find a decent eliminator that has good lighting either so I might have to go this route until I find something suitable.

Thanks
Signals are the triangle/arrows pointing out on either side of the taillight. I drilled small holes to mount the signals which I got from the local bike shop.
The tag is mounted back up under there using the factory bracket in a different spot. I just drilled another hole in the bracket and used a nut and bolt to hold it.

Here are a few better pics of how mine are done. You can clean them up pretty good using a palm sander or fine file after cutting. Just make sure you dont cut too much, then you can trim it to how you want.
The pic on the left is more police friendly, the right I have had many warnings about, but no tickets yet. On the left pic, I left some of the plastic under the taillight to help support my light which has a broken mounting tab. Then I cut it down where the tag mount is and moved the bracket up higher.

I'd suggest looking it over real good and when you get some cut off put your tail back on and see how it looks, then cut some more and shape it how you want. I used a hacksaw and a drimel tool.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
I kinda want to put my plate on with tie wraps so when i hit the throttle the plate flies up. But if the cops catch me i dont want a ticket.

·
Premium Member
17,179 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.