Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
No it's not - they work on some bikes and not on others - the GSX-Rs are in the last category. I'd stay with the stock or BMC

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
NOPE-- no performance advantage with K&N over stock. But there is an advantage that you can clean it out and re-use it for the rest of your life. If you live a long way from a dealer (like me), so that buying filters is a nuisance, then K&N might be worth it only for that convenience..
Keep in mind you should just inspect your air filter at 4000 miles and 7500 miles -- probably replace it at 10,000 or 11,000. For most of us that's a few years.

·
Premium Member
41,723 Posts
Yup, stick with OEM or get the BMC Race.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Only noticable difference I found was a slightly deeper note to the standard exhaust.

·
Registered
720 Posts
i slightly felt the difference between the stock and the k%n but i put mine on with no exhuast mods to the motorcycle so therefore i noticed it more. BMC air filters are a bit pricey and do the same thing as a k&n and stock. if you have the extra cash get a replacement air filter not to mention you can clean them and re-use them with no problems.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
I say if you need to replace your stocker then go for it. if not dont waste the cash.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,looking to change my stock air box for k&n filters.I have a gsxr 1000k1 stock(no mods).Looking to mod the tank for more fuel capacity(longer runs between fill ups).Would i need to re-jet or no changes needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts