Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i just put a K and N filter straight in??? or do i need to get it dyno'd(and not sure what that means). Also have a mig end can on, didnt get it dyno'd shud i have??? Have been told my bike doesn't take to kindly to being jetted and dyno'd is that right?
Thanks Guys

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
do a search on these topics..commit everything to memory..then if you still have a question return..you'll get more opinions..

but you shouldnt have to "dyno" for a can..
maybe for a jet kit..and the k&n....do a search!

good luck laddy....do you know firebldebabe?? or odlid??

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
go up to
esemes dyno results" he used a k&n and a stock filter....i wonder where the added horsepower went????

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
yea but is that .5hp worth 60 bucks every 6K miles??? Not to me..

John

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
as gsxrfreak says, with k&n and BMC they can be reused over and over again without having to be replaced, I also believe when installing a racetype filter that allows more flow you should rejet/remap, i cant say for my gixxer which already had a k&n and full system in the frosty weather there was large flat spots in power that the stock needles could not compensate for, had to install stage 1 factorypro jetkit and it pulls even stronger after that now. but adding a bmc on the TLR after it already had a remap and full system. Then airbox mod, bmc and remap again, thrttle response is even more peakier now..

[ 09-04-2002, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Drizzt ]

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
i clean(compressed air)my filter every 4000 miles, and replace it every 11,000 miles...thats what suzuki recommends...
opinions make the world go around..lies and false advertisings put a drag on it..

has any seen the reusable oil filter being advertised???

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
I guess when you live were it is really dusty you just need to change/clean your filters more often. My stock filter did not last 11K miles and blowing it out isnt something I like to do.

John

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking at the pros/cons of a K&N there seems to be no definitive answer. Having read eseme dyno charts it appears that stock is best. I think any real benefit would only become apparent if you go the whole hog and rejet/map, full exhaust sys etc. Until otherwise i will stick with stock but continue to read all the reviews until/if ever there is real proof.

Thanks
Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts