Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Donnington Park for the Ron Haslam Race School today, had a great time and I think I really improved my cornering. The instructor was really helpful and I was lucky enough to get an instructor to myself as the other person wanted to go a lot slower and so they split him off. It was only three 15 minute sessions on a CBR600 and it left me wanting to do more!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Congrats, and welcome to the addiction!

Get your upper body off the bike more and lower. You are way crossed up, which will lead to you using too much lean angle for a given turn, and lead to a lowside.

Think of good BP like a full race tuck, shifted to the inside of the corner. Spine should be parallel to the cl of the bike.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats, and welcome to the addiction!

Get your upper body off the bike more and lower. You are way crossed up, which will lead to you using too much lean angle for a given turn, and lead to a lowside.

Think of good BP like a full race tuck, shifted to the inside of the corner. Spine should be parallel to the cl of the bike.
Thanks Anthony, the instructor said the same thing - I think I improved a bit towards the end (this picture wasn't my best) but still have a way to go.

I found the hairpin the hardest as it needed the most amount of hanging off the bike. There's always a next time:)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Anthony, the instructor said the same thing - I think I improved a bit towards the end (this picture wasn't my best) but still have a way to go.

I found the hairpin the hardest as it needed the most amount of hanging off the bike. There's always a next time:)
One more picture - still not ideal position as you say!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just went out on my first (not commuting) ride since the track day, I found it really has helped with my cornering - especially working towards better body position. I'd certainly recommend this to anyone:)

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,913 Posts
Hairpins are always tricky, whether it's a car or a bike. Especially when you have two consecutive ones that are linked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts