Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone!

I've been dying to ride the track for some time now, and finally signed up for 2 days, May 14th @ VIR South and June 11th at CMP!!

I'm pretty excited... I just need to find a bike to ride it with, no way I'm taking my streetbike there (only as a last resort I guess).

See you on the track!

steve

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Whats up everyone!

I've been dying to ride the track for some time now, and finally signed up for 2 days, May 14th @ VIR South and June 11th at CMP!!

I'm pretty excited... I just need to find a bike to ride it with, no way I'm taking my streetbike there (only as a last resort I guess).

See you on the track!

steve
Whats the big deal about riding your street bike...? lots of riders do that..just don't go playin ricky racer and you'll be fine...cuzz there ain't no Trophies at track days...

Instead of trying to be fast, work on Staying Relaxed, and being Smooth...

Of course after you do this track day, you do realize you'll be ADDICTED....

Have fun....

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Get a cheap used race fairing off eBay and put some frame sliders on and you'll be set

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Yep, you'll be so nervous the first couple of sessions you'll forget about technique. Don't worry about your street bike. I assume you will be in the beginner group. Just about everyone in that group uses their street bikes. Intermediate group still uses mainly street bikes with some race bikes/track bikes. I use my street bike in "racer" or advanced group with no problems ( I now have an R6 race bike though). Have fun and make a check list of what you are going to bring to the track.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome to the addiction! You will love the track and be addicted after your first session out. I will tell you that VIR South is a very technical track and may frustrate you a little bit. It is very challenging, but once you get the hang of it, it is and incredible training track and a lot of fun. You will have a blast! Good luck, stay relaxed and enjoy yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts