Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But someone is already on their way over so he has first dibs. God I'll be biting my nails. I even offered the guy $500 over asking price :frantic

It's a runner. Oil, coolant flush, fork fluid / seals and a battery.... probably want to freshen up the carbs. But a complete, (mostly) original runner this pretty, you don't see every day up here.

I just noticed it still has an airbox, the frame survived (not polished).. anything catch you oiler guy's eyes? I shouldn't get my hopes up. I'm sure it's gone tonight.

This is in kms, obviously

What a tease..... I hope the guy tonight is a douche who offers 1/2 the price.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Uuuuhhhh coolant flushes are not possible on these bikes. Knowing how you like your toys like they were fresh from the factory there are a few things that stick out.

First of all that silkolene sticker on the frame has been added
Secondly, those flush mount turn signals have also been added
Those gay ass bar ends are not stock but may match you toenail polish
The Hindle exhaust was not a gsxr option
Those cheap ass Metzeler tires may also be period correct

I had enough for now have a good night

·
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Uuuuhhhh coolant flushes are not possible on these bikes.
I even posted in the 'oil cooled' forum. :facepalm Yeah, I'm just excited.

Secondly, those flush mount turn signals have also been added

Those gay ass bar ends are not stock but may match you toenail polish
Stickers and bar ends would be resolved of course.

The Hindle exhaust was not a gsxr option

Those cheap ass Metzeler tires may also be period correct
I'm sure you hoarders will never part with the correct exhaust but I'd search for something nicer. I can't recall what a hindle sounds like. As for the tires, that's a bonus in my mind. It obviously hasn't been flogged in recent decades

Good observations, thanks.

I'd be begging some Ontario members to mail me a rear fender for a few days so it can pass safety over here in Frenchieland. And finally:

Knowing how you like your toys like they were fresh from the factory......

It is a 30+ year old scoot. If it looks anything like this in person, I'd be thrilled.

EDIT: Crap, I was right for once.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Too many miles. Hold out for a better example. Stickers, flush mounts, fat tires, black windscreen, hindle exhaust are all red flags of a knuckle head owner that does NOT take care of his bike. These small things that you can see are always indicators of BIG issues that you can't see and owner will not tell you. Trust me!

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Hindle pipes are obnoxious. As bad as a D&D. Throw it away.

Wheels have been painted, chain guard is wrong, solo seat bump pad is homemade, some of the fasteners are wrong.

Pius all the other stuff previously mentioned.

Some of the wire routing is wrong, so it may have seen some disassembly for one reason or another.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just don't worry too much and keep looking for a better one, You might've just 'dodged the bullet' :)
Good luck!

·
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah thanks guys.

I drove out of town to go check out an RZ 350 today and it was a wash too. Good thing I like wasting time online searching for old junk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts