Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW!

I came back from riding this tank before I began working on it and wondered how people could even ride them. Then I took it for a spin after installing the slipper (yoyodyne) and holy shit... what a difference. I had a hard time coming back! You can just get on the brakes screaming, put it in the gear you want, as early as you want - and it doesn't complain one bit.

I called yoyo and asked them a couple questions before completing the install, just to make sure I had the right parts, as my customer just dropped off the bike & the clutch, unmarked. Towards the end of the conversation, I said "I can't wait to take it for a test ride". He comes back with... "Get going in third at a descent clip, downshift twice into 1st, and dump the clutch"! I'm like - NO WAY AM I DOING THAT ON A BIKE THAT'S NOT MINE! Well, towards the end of my test drive I worked up the courage to... no problem.

And as a plug for yoyo... whoever I spoke with (didn't catch the name) was extremely helpful. And at least so far - I like the product.

Now all I have to do is get the guy to let me do his suspension (which SUCKS, to put it mildly).

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
WOW!

Now all I have to do is get the guy to let me do his suspension (which SUCKS, to put it mildly).
I had Dan Kyle do my forks and they were
then I stuck a set of Ohlins R&T's to match the Ohlins on the rear and
it was a new bike.

BTW - I don't need no stinking slipper clutch on my RC........the kids at Starbucks will not know what I'm talking about.........no neons are another story.

njracer

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
I was riding a trick little zx-6rr equiped w/a slipper @ sluttonwiller last sat. All I can say is WOW! I've NEVER blazed into corners like that before...it was pretty incredible coming in that hard and not have the rear hopping all over the place.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd like to try an inline, Poach. But I don't think the difference would be close to as dramatic as on a Twin. I HATE twins. Until now

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Yup, the Yoyo slipper rocks in a serious way. Only way to get the back end out on them is to use the rear brake now.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
its awsome. im putting a slipper on brian (br549) bike today

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
OKay now are slippers allowed in CCS/FUSA??? The rullbook is so general
For SS classes they are legal if they came stock on the bike. All other classes they are allowed.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
OKay now are slippers allowed in CCS/FUSA??? The rullbook is so general
For SS classes they are legal if they came stock on the bike. All other classes they are allowed.
OK under the Supersport ruls in the book
Section 6.
6.1.2 Following requirements
E. Engine Modifications
(5) "Original equipment transmission gears must be used".

That's all it says in the book. I'm lookin at it as I type...

???

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
I believe the SS section of the rules state what you CAN do. Anything not listed is considered an illegal mod.

The slipper question was brought up on the CCS board before and Kevin Elliot stated they were allowed IF the bike already came with one.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
yea no one would know. me and brain was saying how cool the look we should get some clear case gaurds so you can see the

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
oh yea i have this theory....go slow no one will ever protest you

Dave you ever been protested??

Dave

·
Registered
2,219 Posts

Dave
D'oh!!!

·
Registered
6,418 Posts

Dave
D'oh!!!

look who is talkin....

criminal

wiz

adam
hey, I can beat all you fools.
And I've been protested.
so have I but has yours been because you won or because so many love to hate you?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts