Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I change any of the suspension settings? I had the suspension redone and set already but I was unsure if now having the GPR would change any of that. Also should I leave the stock damper on or take it off? Thanks

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I assume you're talking about a rotary damper. Take the stock damper off, the GPR replaces it. No need to change any suspension settings. The damper takes care of the "left to right" in the bars, the forks and shock take care of the "up and down".

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I was just curious I didn't know. Some of the guys I talked to said that I should just leave the stock damper on. I didn't know

·
Banned
885 Posts
Skyhigh, now that you have an adjustable damper. geometry settings can be found using it.

If you're havng to set your damper in the top 1/3rd of stiffness settings to quell shakes, your geometry is wrong. Keep experienting until all the damping you need is similar to what 10wt oil in the stocker would feel like. When the geometry is right, that's all the resistance you'll need.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Skyhighsami said:
Thanks I was just curious I didn't know. Some of the guys I talked to said that I should just leave the stock damper on. I didn't know
I wouldn't take the stock damper off, unless you've taken the air out, or refilled it with heavier weight oil... Otherwise it's unnecessary...

·
Registered
19 Posts
i took my stock damper off when i put my scotts damper on.
i really cant see the point of leaving it on.
The rotary damper is so much better.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have but 150 tied up in the whole deal. I got the GPR for free because I did some phone work for the guy and all I had to buy was the fit kit.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Should the motion of the damper be smooth from side to side? When you turn almost all the way to lock to lock it pops like there is maybe air in the damper. I am not sure, never having had one I do not know what to look for.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
t was used only for a little while on a ZX10 so I am not sure. How hard would it be to service or should I just try and ship it to GPR because they will do it for free?

·
Banned
117 Posts
Skyhighsami said:
Should the motion of the damper be smooth from side to side? When you turn almost all the way to lock to lock it pops like there is maybe air in the damper. I am not sure, never having had one I do not know what to look for.
That is normal for the GPR. I assure you that there is nothing wrong with the unit. I also did my homework on it and found it only does this near full lock side to side. GPR is a great product and Im glad I bought one. Now I won't ride withought a steering damper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.