Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a map for my new system, but my fuel light is flashing at 105mi! Is that to be expected? I didn't think so, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any good maps for me? All I have is the full race rs3 and a stock filter. Also, I have a small exhaust leak. Yosh sent me a system with one of the headers the exact same diameter as the sleeve so I had to do some modification, now my fit from header to sleeve is letting a little exhaust by, any suggestions on a good gasket to solve my problem? Any help would be great guys...peace!

Shane

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
send that puppy back to yosh.. i wouldnt have put it on knowing it had to be modified or was gonna leak..return tht beotch

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
yosh sent you a 2¼" dia pipe when you needed a 2"...seems that they dont make the 2" anymore....or parts for them.....id say return them as soon as you can get they $ to replace it all. you can check good ol ebay.........

btw - my bike usta run till 140 miles, then after several mods and pcii and several other goodies, i can get as little as 110 miles.........some of it is due to riding techniques of course.....

good luck, pm me with your email address if you want some maps

scott

[ 07-02-2002, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: eSeMeS750WX ]

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
I have seen a few Yosh pipe that leak a bit... There is this stuff called "Chamber Tape" if I remember correct... It is made for just this... Most streetbike shops dont have it... Check with a dirtbike shop... If you cant find it let me know and we might be able to work out something..

As far as the light at 105 or what ever you have said... I have been as low as 95miles when it comes on...
Welcome to high performance.

John

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
john........

have u used that header wrap tape b4......sez itll raise horsepower by not allow heat escape....

my dealer has a box of it on the shelf (very dusty) for 50.00

im afraid to use it

scott

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by eSeMeS750WX:
john........

have u used that header wrap tape b4......sez itll raise horsepower by not allow heat escape....

my dealer has a box of it on the shelf (very dusty) for 50.00

im afraid to use it

scott
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Is it the stickon kind? I just put some on my header. I ran out before I got it all done, but the bike does seem to run a bit cooler... and my legs dont get as hot..

John

·
Who Knows...Ask Who
1,714 Posts
The chamber tape works pretty good, Use to use it on 2stoke dirt bikes right @ the head pipe, that always leaks. Should solve your problem. $50
is a little steep, I rember paying about $20 some years ago When I was really into dirt bikes. Your loss in fuel milage maybe due to getting on the throttle more, enjoying those new mods

·
Registered
59 Posts
Shane, Ebays the bomb when it comes to exhaust. You have seen mine and I only paid 300.00 shipped to my door. I plan on taking mine in on Friday, so maybe we can put it to the paces and see if the motor will stay together. Peace

Clint

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Is it the stickon kind? I just put some on my header. I ran out before I got it all done, but the bike does seem to run a bit cooler... and my legs dont get as hot..

John
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">this type of "tape" is the kind that u get wet, and then wrap around the headers......says it might smoke alittle at first too (guess its the fglass molding....)

i wanna ty it, do u think i need to remove the header entirely first??

scott

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> Is it the stickon kind? I just put some on my header. I ran out before I got it all done, but the bike does seem to run a bit cooler... and my legs dont get as hot..

John
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">this type of "tape" is the kind that u get wet, and then wrap around the headers......says it might smoke alittle at first too (guess its the fglass molding....)

i wanna ty it, do u think i need to remove the header entirely first??

scott
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you remove the pipe it should make fore less work when it comes to rapping it up..

john

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
thanks bro......jus dont know if im wasting $$$ or not.........wouldnt these make the engine hotter (which i dont want...)

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
thanks bro......jus dont know if im wasting $$$ or not.........wouldnt these make the engine hotter (which i dont want...)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No it should run cooler... It keeps the heat in the pipes so it doesnt heat everything else up...

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts