Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just took my 04 GSXR 600 in for the 15,000 mile service... I haven't had it in the Dealership since the initial 800 mile service (of course I've been doing all the maintenance myself between then and now).

-Valve Clearances were SPOT ON (which suprised me)...
-The usual Oil & Filter Change
-Had 'em swap the Spark Plugs - THIS made a VERY noticable difference... throttle response is A LOT better, power is smoother throughout the entire power band, and it seems like there's a little more power, especially in the higher gears on the highway...

Anyway, in 2 days I will have owned my bike for one full year - and to be honest, I couldn't be happier that I bought a GSX-R

-DJMunich

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
good to know these motors will still be kicking ass at that milage

·
Banned
952 Posts
hell doesnt blaise or gimpsta or one of those post-whores have like 30k on theirs? these suzuki engines will last a long time if taken care of properly. hell, any engine will last if you treat it right.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the valves I dont think are in issue with the zooks,, i had 13k hard miles and valves were spot on,, mos def do not pay to get them done, maybe have em checked at 15k but thats aobuot it
Yeah... I just took it in to have them look everything over. There was absolutely nothing wrong with my bike, besides a dirty as hell air filter... but that's common.

I can say in all honesty, my bike is still performing just as hard as it did the day I picked it up, and knowing that I bought the extended warranty, it's nice to not have to worry too much (although convincing them to warranty service stuff isn't easy).

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
Yeah, at 15K I checked the valves, changed the air filter to a BMC and replaced the spark plugs with the CR9EKs which are the dual electrode and supposedly provide a more thorough combustion. Everything was a bit smoother after that and at 24K miles, even after getting run into a ditch, she's still nice and smooth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts