Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I just gone done doing this a few hours ago, pieces are still a little dusty. I am going wash the bike tommorrow to see how it looks, so far so good.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Very nice...rocking the all black rockstar look! love it!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was but it would look dumb to have two heads black and none of the other ones all over the bike. I hope to eventually go back and get all the heads powdercoated, that way it will fit and then it will look right. I did my gas cap too, I will try to post sometime this week. Powdercoating is actually easy and striaght forward.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will get pics of gascap on sometime, hopefully tommorrow. My friend and I actually powdercoated it ourselves.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We tried that too, gloss looked much better. Honestly their was no comparison.

·
Registered
280 Posts
definitely looks good. I'm probably going with the Sato Rearsets for my bike so all i would really wanna powdercoat would be the rear passenger pegs. I would just eliminate them all together but i need them because i unfortunitely DO take ladies for rides on occasion.

We should get a powdercoating write up on here for us that don't know.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My friends dad actually paints, and he's been messing around with powdercoating recently and bought everything and spent some serious money getting started. I'm not really sure what all you need. Only use this info if your looking to go small, you know home or recreational. Here's what I can think of off the top of my head, you'll need a booth or somewhere you can spray, it can get extremely messy. A sandblaster, you might can use another device to prep the item before you powder (not sure). Any oven will do for home use, wouldn't recommend using one you cook in. Then a gun, if it's for just home use and nothing industrial a gun like this will actually work well http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...014QQitemZ330046947803QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW homever not sure how long something like that would last. If you know anything about painting it is required to have an excellent gun to get the proper finish along with skill, however not so much with powder coating, because the powder melts and smooths own it's own while in the oven, not requiring the skill of painting. Powder is cheap, but I don't know who the average person can get it through, friend gets it through his painting business. Getting started could be costly, but once you get that out of the way, it should be fairly cheap from their on out. Hope this helps. :punk

·
Registered
280 Posts
I live in South Central PA... I was wondering if anyone knew any good places to get items powdercoated. I know theres really no good place in my area so sending it out is probably my only option.

·
Registered
226 Posts
did you find that the size of the holes got smaller with the thickness of the powder coating?
did you have to prep the parts in anyway before re-installing?

anyone have any pics with a satin finish?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Drasticsports.com. They did a good job on my passenger pegs. Here's what they've done for me...Total turnaround time from sending it in to receiving it was about 1.5 weeks (figure 3 days to send it, 1 day to work and 3 days back to you)...

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116963&highlight=drasticsports.com

DottoreItalia said:
I live in South Central PA... I was wondering if anyone knew any good places to get items powdercoated. I know theres really no good place in my area so sending it out is probably my only option.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.