Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 gsxr750 got stolen it got recovered and now I have a hole in the stator cover..and missing the starter idle gear .looking for parts and if any one could share a diagram or something

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,251 Posts
The parts fiche is pretty good for both the exploded diagram, identifying part numbers, and purchasing. But you'll also need a service manual for doing the work.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,902 Posts
The Geek got in while I was composing so this duplicates some of what he said.

There are diagrams in the parts fiche that the online sellers all use like this. See the crankcase cover or starter clutch sections. But you really ought to download a service manual if you're going to work on the bike. Note that failed starter idle gears can be associated with the crankcase breaking where the shaft for the idle gear is supported. Not good. You'll just have to check.

It looks like idle gear cover broke instead of the stator cover. Is more broke than I see? Did the thief drop the bike?

·
Registered
GSX-R 1000 2014 L4 in the Netherlands
38 Posts
"crankcase breaking" really? wow, hope it is not that.

Maybe ebay (seems what you are asking?)
Seems cheap compared to new, good luck fixing it (double check if part numbers are correct)
Starter Clutch

big sprocket=
GEAR, STARTER IDLE NO.1 12611-01H00 $73.09
small sprocket=
GEAR, STARTER IDLE NO.2 12612-01H00 $44.57
cover= (fiche diagram called crankcase cover)
CAP, STARTER IDLE GEAR 11352-01H00 $43.03
bearing=
BEARING (12X16X15.8) 09263-12023 $7.58
pin=
PIN 09206-12007 $4.88

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Geek got in while I was composing so this duplicates some of what he said.

There are diagrams in the parts fiche that the online sellers all use like this. See the crankcase cover or starter clutch sections. But you really ought to download a service manual if you're going to work on the bike. Note that failed starter idle gears can be associated with the crankcase breaking where the shaft for the idle gear is supported. Not good. You'll just have to check.

It looks like idle gear cover broke instead of the stator cover. Is more broke than I see? Did the thief drop the bike?
Yes they wrecked the bike..and it was found like this with out the gears..I took the stator cover off didn’t see no metal shavings inside it..or the washers for the gear..I’m hoping the motor still good.. but won’t know till I replace it and try to start it

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,902 Posts
This isn't the best picture but you ought to get the idea. It's been reported here before. Those washers are important and shouldn't be left out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The parts fiche is pretty good for both the exploded diagram, identifying part numbers, and purchasing. But you'll also need a service manual for doing the work.
Do you know if you can push start your bike with out a starter idle gear?

·
14,251 Posts
Yup. I've done this intentionally before to eliminate the starter gear/clutch as the source of a strange sound.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup. I've done this intentionally before to eliminate the starter gear/clutch as the source of a strange sound.
Thank you
I’m gonna get a stator cover and gasket and install them and try to start the bike ..before I start buy the starter idle gear

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just tryed push starting the bike today...
it didn't start..its hard to push in 1st gear with the clutch pulled in any one with any ideas on what it could be? Dose Clutch cable need adjusted or something?

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
8,180 Posts
For push-starting bikes, jog it up to a little speed in neutral. Then pop it in 2nd (not 1st) and drop the clutch as you jump on the seat to provide traction.

·
14,251 Posts
There's a bit of drag even with the clutch pulled in. A hill helps a lot.

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
8,180 Posts
Without a hill, if you just start in neutral, get up to jogging speed (or as quick as you can) and in one motion, jump over clicking-up into 2nd as you time your ass hitting the seat with releasing the clutch. First is too high of a ratio so you'll mostly lock up the wheel, especially with higher compression motors.

Clutches drag so push starting with the bike in gear is a waste of energy, hill or not. Unless it's a a really steep hill... and / or you're still young and a bundle of muscle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There's a bit of drag even with the clutch pulled in. A hill helps a lot.
What’s the worse thing that cold happen if one of the starter idle washers fell in the motor and ran with it in there?..jw cause I think that’s what happens to mine when it was stolen

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update tryed pushing it in 2 and starting it on a hill didn’t work back tire just skidded to a stop

·
Registered
GSX-R 1000 2014 L4 in the Netherlands
38 Posts
Did you try in higher gear to at least see if the engine is free and able to turn? Or use a wrench for that test? a jump in 2nd gear is for a running bike I think, for this I would first try in 5th, smell fuel and listen for ignition pops.

Do you have a picture of the pin / wire color and position?, see what it does.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What side of the motor do I gotta be on to use a wrench and see if it will spin ? Stator cover side?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts