Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally made it to the 1/4 mile drags with the new bike. I ran it bone stock with only a lowering strap. I ran consistent 10.10's @ 140 mph. I was pretty happy with that considering this.... I had a K3 that was geared down with a Yosh slip on and a TRE + I was 30 lbs lighter last year. That bike ran 10.10's @ 139 mph. I must say it is a handful trying to launch this new bike because of the tall first gear! You have to slip the clutch and keep the R's up. My best 60 ft. short time was a 1.72. I was running 114 mph at the 1/8. I plan on getting the carbon Yosh slip on soon and also I'm going to stop stuffing cheeseburgers down my throat. I want 9's!!!!!

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
If you keep dragging keep a close eye on the clutch and be sure to take the access cover off the clutch cover and adjust on a regular basis.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I adjusted it just before dragging the bike thanks to you guys posting up the procedure. It was out of adjustment slightly. I will check it often. The clutch is still perfect after 5 HARD launches!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Where can I find this info about the clutch adjustment?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Right on, nice times!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I just visited the biggest event in OZ for drags and a couple of obviously very good riders were making 1.6's 60's - without straps !!!!
One guy had a stock but for pipe 01 gsxr1000 and was dialled in at 9.89 - he broke out on a run at 9.75 !!! - This is NOT lowered, or even PC'd !!!!!
Good job on the 05 - how much fun would it be without straps though ??
Cheers Si.

·
Registered
174 Posts
...The clutch is still perfect after 5 HARD launches!...
I have got 20-30 good launches on my bike so far (1.75-1.85 60' with no strap or any mods at all), a lot of them back to back runs, so far no problems.

I was kindof worried about the clutch when I first started racing it, but I am more confident in it now. Heading back to the track tonight...

·
Registered
242 Posts
i have rane mine a few times without straps and it is a blast. usually run 10.1/ 10.2 at 140/ 141. 60' is 1.7/ 1.8 -

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
UUmm....Ok - then....

·
Registered
3 Posts
i ran 9.99 bone stock. its lowered about an inch in the front and 1 1/2 in the rear best time so far is 9.81 but the clutch was slippin a little headed to the track wed with a new clutch. i'm thinkin 9.6's

·
Registered
10 Posts
Precision, what do you weigh? You gotta be light...

I ran a 9.96 today in 98 Degree heat and high humidity. Only mod is slip on Devil. Lowered in front and rear. The stock gearing is HORRIBLE for drag racing. I weigh 185 naked...

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
The 600's are what really blew me away at the last meet - a couple of good riders were running 10.8's and 10.9's - in the real world at 500ft in hot conditions....That's DAMN impressive !
Si

1 - 17 of 17 Posts