Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
figured i'd post a picture. done a lot to it, totalled it (not my fault believe it or not :) ) and since then have been putting her into better shape than i got her in. been a long 4 years lol.

Heres a picture of her as of today. Just got new chain/sprockets and new pirelli diablo rosso's a week ago!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I like the white rims :thumbup

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
The 93 750 was the first gixxer that I sat on when I was deciding on a bike at the time.

The other bike was Katana. I'm glad I made a good :punk lasting decision back then.

Your bike looks really good!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Looks really good. Is that frame polished? It looks really shiny at the top. I loved my 93 750 also. They are just really good all-around bikes.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya polished frame (previous owner did that one before i got it :punk) and i painted the wheels white again last week, just before new tires. some 2 part iso-urethane super duper enamel paint or something, had it lying around from some other project. the color is interlagos blue, a bmw color from their new M series lineup (and a few other cars). I must say, all my buddies hate on my bike, but i feel like its a nice looking bike overall, and a great driving one too. I think they just are either jealous because its faster than anything they would ever own, or too scared to be on a sport bike. They like my buddies BMW 1200c. Its pretty dont get me wrong, but I rode it and i hate it. Too soft, too boring, too quiet and too slow. I feel like a 50 year old man on it lol

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
ya polished frame (previous owner did that one before i got it :punk) and i painted the wheels white again last week, just before new tires. some 2 part iso-urethane super duper enamel paint or something, had it lying around from some other project. the color is interlagos blue, a bmw color from their new M series lineup (and a few other cars). I must say, all my buddies hate on my bike, but i feel like its a nice looking bike overall, and a great driving one too. I think they just are either jealous because its faster than anything they would ever own, or too scared to be on a sport bike. They like my buddies BMW 1200c. Its pretty dont get me wrong, but I rode it and i hate it. Too soft, too boring, too quiet and too slow. I feel like a 50 year old man on it lol
I know what you mean...

My dad just bought a Triumph Tiger and came over to show it off...I took it for a spin, but it's not my cup of tea.

Plus the joys of owning an old bike: Endless tinkering to keep you form getting bored :biggrin

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I don't know if i could even own a brand new bike. I would be to scared to mess with a 13,000 dollar investment. :)

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
yeah, i crashed my 87 hurricane 3 times and I just fixed her up each time... bought it for 2600, rode it for 6 years.

But I'm glad to have this 1100 now, seems like more options to customize than the cbr. also the liter engine leaves better patches

1 - 10 of 10 Posts