Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still waiting on my effing sprocket to arrive... after all the BS I went through to get the spacers for the rear wheel, I never imagined that the *sprocket* would be holding me up... maybe Monday.

...meanwhile, back at the ranch... I figured I'd post some pics in case anyone else is as bored as I am...

oh, and maybe I'll change the oil while I'm at it.

...think I'll get it finished before the mo-mo-sickle show this weekend?

{fingers crossed}

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Hey, i noticed that you had katana mirrors it your ride. does anyone have or heard of someone useing ducati 916 mirrors on their bike? i want to try.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Originally posted by FastCat:

...meanwhile, back at the ranch... I figured I'd post some pics in case anyone else is as bored as I am...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If your Bored, don't forget about the Cermachrome (Ceramic/Chrome/polished) pics from the other thread.

I'm about to tear my bike down and I'm going crazy trying to decide what kind of finish to go with on my parts.
Moto-Chrome, Cermachrome, Chrome

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey Fastcat: I was curious. When you do an oil change, do you have to take your headers off to get the filter off? I have V&H SS headers and it always involves pulling the damned headers to get the filter off. I'm wondering if I'm just a motard or does anyone else have to do this every oil change?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey amp... I haven't forgotten... I won't be back down there to take pics though til I get the sprocket... UPS sucks... and no Bevan, I don't hafta remove squat to do an oil-change... I don't even take the lowers off - just use a rag to catch whatever drips - I *do* use the swingarm-stand though... it would be a lot messier on the sidestand. The Hindle actually has more room to get the filter outta there than the original exhaust did, and it's spigot-fitted to the head anyway so removing one half of the header wouldn't be a big deal even if I did need to.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well Dayum! Another reason to look for a Hindle I see. I wish they still sold the high mounts for the K's...

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't find the actual copy of the message in outlook, but I exchanged email with Lee Hindle earlier this year and he told me that they *do* still make pipes for our bikes... including a high-exit mid/can if you want it that way. None of the distributors list them prolly because nobody stocks much stuff that's exclusive to the oil-coolers anymore. ANYway, email [email protected] and they should be able to tell you where/how to order a new pipe if you want one.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey amp... I haven't forgotten... I won't be back down there to take pics though til I get the sprocket... UPS sucks... and no Bevan,
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Cool

Good looking out FC! I hate it when I don't have a plan.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Mines apart too, I'll take some pics too, if I remember too. Still waiting for my carbon seat unit........arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhh. Forks off for a rebuild and valves are set.......

Looks like the 5.5 rear fits straight in with the exact same spacers !
Just need orange wheels now and the paint is looking like next winter even though we are only half way through this one.

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
um, err... nobody was supposed to notice the evidence of my paranoia...

...that's an electric air-compressor and tire-plug kit.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">YESSSS!! YESSSS!! You are not alone, the diff being that I have one of those mountain bike mini two-way pumps (Schrader) and use zap straps...which reminds me, can't remember if I bought a new tube of glue...shit. Oh, also carry one of those little 3Bond m/c aerosol flat fixers. Anything to ward off being fucked in twisty nowhereland. Remember, per Kissinger, even paranoids have enemies, so why should Murphy exempt our tires??

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by ampdog:
If your Bored, don't forget about the Cermachrome (Ceramic/Chrome/polished) pics from the other thread.

I'm about to tear my bike down and I'm going crazy trying to decide what kind of finish to go with on my parts.
Moto-Chrome, Cermachrome, Chrome
[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I got it rolling so I can ride it to the mo-sickle show this weekend... didn't have time to paint or polish anything though...

you can see that the 6" rear is centered properly... I'm glad I took the time to go through all of the work to get it right:

I somehow had some dimesnions fouled-up somewhere on the outer spacers... a flat-washer later and it worked out:

and, of course, the obligatory gixxer.com salute:

I know I'm kinda shooting myself in the foot with the bodywork since I'm just gonna hafta remove it again to paint it - it took a lotta time to get that upper fairing lined up and it's gonna be a pain when it comes apart... but I got to trial-fit my brackets for the 750 mids and I'll be able to fine-tune any interference problems when I can ride it in daylight. ...and linin' up that damn pingel with the 38mm carbs almost drove me to drinking... after tryin' it 36 different ways, I finally twisted everything into a barely squeeze-in-able position:

I'm a happy cat!

[ 12-13-2002, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: FastCat ]

·
Registered
211 Posts
That looks awesome! Makes me wanna rip my 89 front off. FC: How much did you invest in the fairing stay and the upper?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
9 Participants
Andy James
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing