Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 GSxr 750

I changed oil with 20W 50. The oil was very dirty. After I finished I moved bike to park it and it was hard to get bike out of 1st. Does this have to do with the oil I used? Also installed a new generator and I went to test voltage coming out of generator and the meter just goes crazy. Not sure whats going on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I was rolling. Went down the parking lot around 10mph still felt like it was stuck in 1st. I was pulling up really hard and when it did shift it went into second. Hard to get to N. And The bike shifted flawlessly before I changed the oil. By the was book says 10W 40 is recommended and I went with 20W 50 because someone said it worked good in really hot weather. Last time I go against the manual.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have used 20 w 50 in the summer for many years and never had a problem. I also want to know what kind of oil you used, some car oils have friction modifiers in them that don't work well with motorcycle clutches, and can cause shifting issues.

·
Possibly infected with Ebola
3,216 Posts
When you change the oil the clutch plates sometimes get stuck. Put some miles on it and it will start shifting smooth again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts