Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, as some of you might know i passed my bike licence test and was in the need for a new bike.

I was looking at the Suzuki Across for a while and went out to give one a look.

Anyway i bought it. It's a 1990 Suzuki GSX250F

http://www.blotsort.com/pics/blog/shanebike3.jpg

I paid 3000 for her and she runs like a dream....

Only thing i have noticed was sometimes there will be a drop or 2 of oil under the bike ..not sure why. Anyone know why that could be? Or what i can do to fix it?

Anyway thanks guys, just thought i would fill you all in...

Catch ya!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Nice Bike Shane, I never knew they came in Blue ? that must be a respray ?? Still loogs great though - you have to rev those little 4 cyclinder bikes, I started off on a GF250 - same engine ages and ages ago. They will blow by the RG250's of the time and nearly keep up with the RGV's, although a tuned RGV will run it wild.
Sounds like a good choice - don't be in too much of a hurry to get rid of it after your 12 months are up - learn to corner fast on one of these and you'll be able to piss off some bigger bikes in the corners......I know I have been embarassed by some good riders on 250's..
Cheers Si.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
nice bike shane, looks very neat

you should come out to berowra mobile at 10:00 sat morning for a (slow) ride.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone...

I have been riding her for about 3 hours just doing cornering gear changing ect...and im loveing every minute.

@ Ryan - Yeah that would be really good, I'v been looking around for something like that to do...so next time just give me a bit of info and i'll definatly be interested!

@ si 9 - Yeah it's been resprayed a metalic blue like colour.
And i know what you mean about the rev's...

All in all I'm enjoying riding so much at the moment and just love learning new things everyday.

·
Registered
781 Posts
good for you peep.
I only wish they had gear like that when I got my road lic.
RGV's are not the best thing to learn corners on LoL

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
thats brilliant pete
You must tell me how you did that change of colour ie PS which button

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I know I'm an asshole...though it is all in jest. Plus, it's definitely not the first time the handbag joke has been used with the across, nor will it be the last time he hears it during the course of the two's fateful pairing. Did I mention I'm an asshole?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Nah, I reckon Pete's showing solidarity by displaying pics of his new steed, since the 1000 is now his stuntaah. He'll be posting pics of wheelies on that one in no time...

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Nah, I reckon Pete's showing solidarity by displaying pics of his new steed, since the 1000 is now his stuntaah. He'll be posting pics of wheelies on that one in no time...
Hey don't diss wacky, next time were on a ride and I pull out my picnic basket, 6 pack, pet chihuahua and fold out camping chair from that compartment you'll be eating your words.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts