Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently breathing life back into a near show room 93 1100G and need help with some performance issues now that the bike is running with the tank off and a fuel source.
1. The fuel pump only pumps fuel when the starter is cranking. With the key in the on position there is no fuel delivery or pump noise but hit the starter and it pumps. Is this normal?
2. Oil level is over full when bike is off on center stand but under medium RPM oil level drops below low oil level in sight glass . Is this normal and what is the proper level of oil with engine off?

Thanks in advance to people willing to help. I know I have a "G" but it is the same engine as GSXR'S with differ CA m profiles if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check oil level with the bike level.
When bike is on center stand and level t he oil level is over full in the sight glass. When bike is running about 3000 rpm oil level in sight glass drops below the low level mark on the glass, is this normal? It seems to me that implies a bunch of our stays in the top end.
On a bright note the fuel pump has a pressure switch in it so it cuts off when fuel circuit is full.
Now I am on the trying to get the carb synchronization half way right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input on the oil level while running. It freaked me out to see the oil level drop like that in the sight glass when the engine speed was increased..

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
That thing has a fuel pump??? GSXRs of that generation were gravity fed. I am not that familiar with the 1100G model. They are nice bikes though :cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts