Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first message, i have just bought a 1998 gsxr600, it has been timed at 0-100mph in 7.1s and a top gear roll on from 40-100mph in 7.9s and does roughly about 160mph. R these figures good or bad for the bike as i am new to biking so i am not really sure.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I think the best way to measure a bike's capabilities is to put it on the rolling road for a dyno test. It is more accurate and safer.

·
Registered
781 Posts
The figures you have given are pretty impressive but it would be better to back them with a dynochart. There are many in dyno charts in this forum (just use the search function). It would give you a fair idea about where your Gix6 stands in comparison to the other similar bikes around. I think Dan UK mentioned someone in Oxford area who does dyno tests and is good at it. I took mine to PDQ Taplow in Berks. It costs about £25+VAT but is money well spent as it clears your mind about your bike and the condition of engine, air/fuel mixture etc. I just checked out PDQ website and they have some PC maps as well. That's interesting. They are good if you are Richard Branson's only son as they are freaking expensive. Know their stuff though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is that by ne chance near slough because i bought my bike from a bloke in slough and he had, had it dynoed somewhere around there, i still have the charts the bike has a peak power of about 98bhp.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yes they are near slough, JN 6 or 7 off M4. As I said earlier, they are good but expensive. 98bhp is good for a Gix6. Standard bike makes around 90bhp. Look for the thread on Dyno runs, it was started by Notorious Rev about 1 month ago. There are loads of charts there. If the power curve is smooth with no dips then you have nothing to do otherwise a lil tweaking of carbs might smooth things out. Don't worry about the torque line, it is does usually zigzag around on these bikes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi there Mr Big,

Road and track in Aylesbury are very good at tuning and a wee (shed load really) bit cheaper than TTS and PDQ. Call them and get a great service, Chris is main man there.

I was in a similar postion to you and just did not want to get ripped off and these chaps did the business.

Their number is;
01296 424248

web site is; www.roadandtrack.co.uk

cheers
Sean (Oxford)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts