Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
here in Santa Barbara, i see at least a dozen people on sport bikes in t-shirts and/or shorts, etc. on a daily basis, and they look at me like im crazy for wearing gear, we will see who laughs last

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Hate seeing that shit. The other day I rode my bike out of the garage, down the street about 20-30 yards with no helmet and just a t-shirt and jeans, I literally felt naked on it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
It was sunny and 80 here in Indiana on Monday and Tuesday. So naturally I rode my bike into work both days. Well, on Tuesday I was ridin home on the interstate and just before I hopped off on my exit I saw two bad azz GSXR 1000's (looked new). The lead bike had a dude with shorts, wife-beater, and no helmet on. The second bike had a dude with shorts, t-shirt, and fucking sandals on. (Not to mention he was carrying his girl who also had shorts and t-shirt on) None of them were wearing any gear/helmets and I could not help but think, damn, people just don't give a fuck bout what might happen? I was like that for the first 200 miles on my bike, but got smart quick and never ride without my gear now!

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
For me it goes beyond just protection, it's psychological. If I'm not wearing full gear, I'm intimidated to open it up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I always ride with full gear but when you are in the city with stop and go traffic you begin sweating and the bike gets overheated and you begin to think twice about all the gear you have on.

·
Registered
644 Posts
See that all the time here in Arizona. I don't understand it myself..but on the other hand I've been down and know the value of good gear first-hand. Some of these other guys probably just haven't had that unfortunate experience yet I'd assume.

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
meh
I ride around like that sometimes ... doesen't bother me... I usually wear gear, but sometimes it's nice to just have a lid and MX gloves. I've crashed many times though so I definetly know the risks and when I wear no body gear my riding style reflects that since I go a lot slower and am over-cautious of other drivers, although I'll still roll nice highway wheelies if the road is clear

I guess deep down inside I'm a
at heart

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
What I love seeing here in Minnesota; the goofs that wear a leather jacket, gloves, riding boots and no freaking helmet!? I guess they don't want to ruin their hair or their carefully placed bandanas.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i could ride around town in just a tshirt and jeans and helmet if i knew i wasnt hitting the highway, but then again around my town the highest speed limit in town is 35, so not much to worry about there. of course id have to have my gloves and helmet though, i've ridden without gloves, and it scares the shit out of me. If i'm riding for more than 5-10 miles though the alinestar leather jacket gets thrown on without a doubt.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Tyg
That is too funny I see the same stuff. I can't stand the heat during the summer it takes all the enjoyment out of riding for me. So I usually only ride at night with my gear, and a helmet and gloves during hot days. Like skidmark said I have chashed and understand the gamble, my riding style definately changes also.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.