Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry but I had to jump ship,This is my need for speed now!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I know..........
Honda

·
Registered
380 Posts
I haven't really heard any good things about it... never rode one... look good though
I am a big fan of the under the seat exhaust.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
That is tight dude. I am not against other brands because I own a Suzuki. I prefer Suzuki but I really like all of the bikes. All of the new bikes are so nice, well besides the Triumps lol. The Kawi, Hondas, Yammies. I love them all. If my wife would let me I would have a 600 of every brand and a 1000 of every brand sitting in my garage. Then change them out every time the model was upgraded lol. I am a dork I know.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hate to tell you your old 750 is quicker then that lol.. But its a sweet bike congrats!
That was my thoughts exactly when I first rode it,but the more miles that I put on it and after regearing it and installing a powercommander I have to say its definetly quicker then my gixxer 750 that I had

The tranny shifts a ton better then the gixxer and it handles like a dream

After all faster is not always better

·
> than you
2,593 Posts
Hate to tell you your old 750 is quicker then that lol.. But its a sweet bike congrats!
That was my thoughts exactly when I first rode it,but the more miles that I put on it and after regearing it and installing a powercommander I have to say its definetly quicker then my gixxer 750 that I had

The tranny shifts a ton better then the gixxer and it handles like a dream

After all faster is not always better
True dat. The horsepower hoes in here don't understand that though, because top speed and dyno charts are all that matter to them.

·
> than you
2,593 Posts
It has been called the "starter" liter bike. Whatever, 2 wheels are 2 wheels.
I read that too
It's also been called the best handling, most reliable, most well put together, and best all around and balanced bike too. You must not have read that.

It cracks me up to hear guys clown Honda for the 1000RR. Sure it ain't the fastest nor does it have the most horsepower, but there's more to a bike than that. With all the money that Honda has that they pump into R&D, you don't think they're capable of putting out a bike that would have similar HP #'s to the other liter bikes? Shit, Honda could probably make a 200HP bike if they wanted to.

They don't because that's not their focus or their intent. Not because they can't. There's a difference.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I read that too
It's also been called the best handling, most reliable, most well put together, and best all around and balanced bike too. You must not have read that.

It cracks me up to hear guys clown Honda for the 1000RR. Sure it ain't the fastest nor does it have the most horsepower, but there's more to a bike than that. With all the money that Honda has that they pump into R&D, you don't think they're capable of putting out a bike that would have similar HP #'s to the other liter bikes? Shit, Honda could probably make a 200HP bike if they wanted to.

They don't because that's not their focus or their intent. Not because they can't. There's a difference.
Damn right. I feel the same way about my 954! Honda has more R&D dollars then anyone, they know exactly what there doing. Go watch some races.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I read that too

I have heard that it's well put together and reliable as well indeed. But best handling and best overall balanced bike, no way. How could it be, it has both the least power and most weight of the liter bikes. Seeing as how we are talking about the "sport bike" genre here, I don't see how bringing up the rear in those 2 categories can classify you as the most well balanced.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Why did you jump ship? Did you get a nice deal? Are you tired of Gixxers or does the bike feel better?

Whatever it was, its still a nice looking bike.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why did you jump ship? Did you get a nice deal? Are you tired of Gixxers or does the bike feel better?

Whatever it was, its still a nice looking bike.
Don't get me wrong it wasn't easy jumping ship,I started out on a 01 gixxer 600 and then went to the 750 wich I sold last Oct so a 1000 was naturally going to be next.

I did alot of research on the bikes and read alot of forums,naturally the gixxer 1000 would have been my first choice untill I saw though's damn pictures of it.The more I looked at it the uglyer it got,the fastest bike or not if I don't like how it looks i'm not gonna buy it.

Next was the R1 Raven man what a sweet looking bike but very unreliable just read the R1 forums,alot of tranny and motor problems with them,and then I sat on one it felt like I was sitting on a 125cc dirt bike!!!

So I started looking at the Honda yes its down on power but the power it does have is usable its not being wasted in a wheel stand,and the biggest thing it has going for it is reliability and once I sat on one I was sold!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Pretty much no matter what liter bike you buy, its gonna be good. but in no way is the honda the best overall. in pretty much all the bike magazines i've read, the kawi seems to take the win. yeah the honda is incrediably reliable, and i've sat on my buddies 1000rr, and i like the way it feels, especially the hydraulic clutch. but like i said, you can't really go wrong with any of them, they all have there strength's and weakness's. congrats on your bike buddy.

oh yeah, and get ready for your ass to reallly hurt. damn those honda seats are rock hard!!!!

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I haven't really heard any good things about it... never rode one... look good though
I am a big fan of the under the seat exhaust.
all the stats are almost the same as all the other liter bikes when it comes to 1/4 mile roll ons etc etc other liter bikes beat it by a few tenths of a second. its not that bad..

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think it looks good man, I'm not a brand hater

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.