Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Papa Johns Diaper Service...
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another hot sun ride coming up. Looking forward to hitting some shady mountain roads. I am sure I will have my new rear tire installed in time for the run. My poor power pure is absolutely toasted after last weeks HOT run.
You know the drill, 9am at the Circle.....kickstands up at 930am sharp!!!

Post up you are coming out. :chucks

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I'm in

·
Reporting live from Fox 5 News
840 Posts
Rob you're in?? Do I have to get my eyesight checked? On the busa or that fire breathing 1k of yours?

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Rob you're in?? Do I have to get my eyesight checked? On the busa or that fire breathing 1k of yours?
I'm watching the weather so maybe I spoke to soon..current forecast is 99degrees for saturday&mid 90's for sunday. If its in the mid 90s I doubt I will be out riding for long.

I plan on bringing the Busa ;)

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Forecast looks better,only a high of 88 on sunday...
So after we spoke last time at the circle,Charlie&I went up the road to 293(where Bob got raped by my Busa :))..I turned the boost up to 13psi&we spent the next hour wheelying in 6th gear at 180mph down the road. Fun times!

·
Papa Johns Diaper Service...
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forecast looks better,only a high of 88 on sunday...
So after we spoke last time at the circle,Charlie&I went up the road to 293(where Bob got raped by my Busa :))..I turned the boost up to 13psi&we spent the next hour wheelying in 6th gear at 180mph down the road. Fun times!
ANIMAL!!!!! LMAO:suicide

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Shit,I was waiting for you to pop in here&say "WTF!"after reading my post lol

·
Registered
252 Posts
Last ride im sitting out. But tires are ordered just gotta find a place to install it. Mavrix and cycle motion in middletown both want $175. Place in new windsor wants $145. So if you know a place in Orange County anywhere would be so greatful. Im considering calling a regular mechanic.

But on a side note have fun guys and be safe. Hopefully see ya next weekend.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Rockwell Cycles on 9W charges $25ea to dismount/mount/balance tires if you bring them off of the bike...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. New to site, just got back into the life with a leftover 11 750. still trying to break it in, but looking for a regular ride! Live in Morristown, but can ride wherever to meet!

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Hey guys. New to site, just got back into the life with a leftover 11 750. still trying to break it in, but looking for a regular ride! Live in Morristown, but can ride wherever to meet!
The meeting spot is probably 45-60mins from rte 80 interchange on 287,if you want to join us tomorrow morning you are welcome,let us know&someone will post up directions

·
AKA Pee Wee Herman
6,092 Posts

·
PM me of you want your shaft mastered
2,054 Posts
I can try to find you the address.

92 Roa Hook Road Cortlandt Manor, NY 10567

We are at the noble next door.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
You could take 287 North towards Mahwah,catch the NYS Thruway heading south and then jump on the Palisades Pkwy North in Nanuet..take the Palisades and when the road forks by the Anthony Wayne exit(#18) bear to the right..follow a few miles to the Bear Mountain Circle and cross the Bear Mountain Bridge...stay to the right once over the bridge..follow the mountain road a few miles down to the traffic cirlcle&the Mobil station is right there

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.298549,-73.935982&hl=en&ll=41.298388,-73.935671&spn=0.004377,0.010568&num=1&gl=us&t=m&z=17

here ya go.

I am not sure if I want to torture myself with this heat, but consider me a maybe as always.

Tony, I am in Summit, shoot me a pm with your number and if I go I will let you know and lead the way.
Rich hit me up if you're gonna come,I'll bring you a slice of that orange pie I baked:phhht

If its *too hot* during the ride we can all just head over to Casa OG and have a sausage/pool party instead:flipoff

1 - 20 of 41 Posts