Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I sold the Busa and joined the darkside; I got a cruiser. :wtf :dissapointed
I loved my Busa and, quite frankly, I regard it as the best bike I’ve ever owned and easily one of the top 5 I’ve ever ridden. It was a fantastic bike in spite of its bulbous appearance (that actually grew on me) and the ridiculous stigma that seems to be attached to it. So why’d I get rid of it? 1) I want to try slowing down a little and I wanted a bike I can lay into for kicks not be going 150 in the blink of an eye; something a little tamer. And 2) I’m fickle and I wanted to try something new. :phhht

What I ended up with is a Yamaha Warrior. This one is a RARE bird around these parts as it has not been lowered (ruined) and retains its VERY capable handling characteristics (40deg of available lean according to Yamaha). The 102ci air cooled twin (1700cc) is everything Harley should be making, but isn’t. It’s monsterously torquey, makes very good power (for its genre), sounds awesome and it has TONS of “character”.:thumbup Between the R1 brakes, the excellent suspension, the aluminum chassis and the more than adequate engine, this is a very fun and capable cruiser. Yes, it has forwards and that limits “curvy road appeal” but let’s face it: I live in Indiana. This bike is MORE than capable enough for the roads around here. Anyway, in the end I find myself smiling in my helmet while riding it and that’s all that really matters. :thumbup

So here’s to you, Hayabusa, you’ll be dearly missed! :cheers

Only pic I have as of now (and yes, I made the P.O. put the mirrors back on)

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a bit of an oddity; a cruiser that handles. I've been riding it as much as possible and it's just so weird; I keep leaning it farther and farther and nothing ever touches down.:wtf It's just got SO much corning clearance. I'm seriously diggin' it. :punk

That engine is a SERIOUS torque monster too. I rode a Harley Dyna with the 103" engine for like 600mi last year and this thing will absolutely decimate that Hog. Yamaha NAILED it with this thing!

·
Nazi Lustful Faggot - hot for Hermann Göring & Cai
3,250 Posts
Between the R1 brakes, the excellent suspension, the aluminum chassis and the more than adequate engine
Aluminum chassis? Really? The frame looks like it's made from steel tubes

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aluminum chassis? Really? The frame looks like it's made from steel tubes
Yep, they look like it but it's all aluminum and the engine is solid mounted (stressed member). It's a SUPER rigid chassis and about 1,000,000x more responsive than any other cruiser I've ridden.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yamaha makes the best metric cruisers today, in terms of bang for your buck, in my opinion. The shadow is my personal favorite though.

I also like the Suzuki VS 800. It's basically an agile little cruiser, that runs flat 13's from the factory, lol. But not the best on the highway.

·
Dick/Vagina Embracer
2,945 Posts
My buddy has a a nice yammy roadstar, so I know they're comfortable, and handle fairly well for their size. I'd say you didn't take too many steps back :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts