Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went to a shop and was looking at both, the prices are so crazy different. Iam wondering how much different is the quality. Iam get a 1pc...now the joe rocket iam geting for 939...while the top alpine star one is 1400. The gloves from joe are 150 for the race ones, while alpine star is around 230 to 250. The boots from joe are 250 for the race ones, while the alpine star is 350. now the prices are really really different but is the quality hurt by this? is it alpine star is charging more for name ? and the fact they from euro/?? or what?? should i go with the joe rocket and save me a few hundred...or do the alpine star?

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Really, I think it is kind of a toss-up. Alpinestars, Joe Rocket, Teknic, Spidi....they all make good stuff. If the Joe Rocket leathers fit good, I'd probably go with it. Spend any money you've saved on a good spine/back protector. And actually, I'd try the fitting in the store and go to one of our site supporters and buy it from them once you get your sizing. I bet you'll save some serious money. And one other thing, if you are going to be racing in it or using it at track days you should make sure that it has a full circumference zipper on the jacket if it is a 2-piece.

·
Registered
637 Posts
looking at leathers you have to look at the following:
the sticthing
the thickness of the leater
what the leather is made of (not all use cows BTW) alpine stars use Italian leather
dianese fits from new like they are broke in already
in the end, get what fits you

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well ya the rocket stuff seems to be one of the thickest 1.5 to 1.7mm i believe. they use cow hide, and the guy at the store is giveing me a good price on the rocket stuff...i just was worrying that it might be cheaper quality. i was thinking iam gonna get the armor under also, and the price on the rocket stuff seems right, as long as the quality is good thats what iam gonna buy. But i though i would just ask around and see what you guys think.

·
Registered
155 Posts
when it comes to quality astars is top dog. they seem to also be the only company that I have heard say that what all of their racers wear is exactly what you get to wear just different graphics and the custom fitting for the racers. plus astars top suits are kangaroo leather. I don't know about rocket though. but like everyone else said if it fits they are both good quality.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rocket uses cowhide. i just wanna know if i should spend the 900 on the rocket suit, or get an alpine star suit instead.

i was wondering does anyone wear joe rocket stuff? it dotn seem that way to me? i wanna make sure i get good gear

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Rocket is just fine. Just try it on and if it fits good go that route.

·
Registered
198 Posts
i have an alpinestar venom leather jacket.. and i love it... i want to get the leather pants for it sometime...

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have my eye in the Joe Rocket Perforated Speedmaster pants

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the joe rocket blaster perforated jacket, and I just ordered the perforated leather pants. Good stuff if you ask me.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sweet thanks, ya iam gonna get the joe rocket speedmaster 1pc, and there gloves. with some sidi boots and shoei helmet!! sounds perfect to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts