Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I need to know where to buy pilot jets (12.5) suzuki wants $9 a pop. I put a 98 750 with 97 750 carbs but the carbs came with 15 pilots so I need to find some. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
You are changing your pilot jets? I have been fooling around with the main jets. I too have a 98 motor with 96 carbs. What is the reasons to changing your pilot jets anyhow

[ 06-12-2002, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: audi1031 ]

·
Registered
645 Posts
you guys are switching to carbs? I'm confused here. I thought it would go the other way around where you'd have a bike like mine (96' 750) and do a convert to FI. I'm just curious as to the reason for changing over?

·
Registered
0 Posts
i just ordered a 12.5 from a bike shop that had to get it from Suzuki Canada. took over 1 week and was like $15. they said 12.5 was a wierd size for a Mukuni.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
i changed over because I got my bike painted before the motor change and inorder to put fi i would have to had done mod to tank which would of been more of a hassle and easier to throw the carbs on at the time

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
So what the point in changing that jet anyhow

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
so what does that jet control as in jet kit how come they do not offer in jet kit?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Originally posted by audi1031:
so what does that jet control as in jet kit how come they do not offer in jet kit?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you wind up below 1 turn on the mixture screw, you think about dropping the pilot a size. If you are over 3 turns, you might go up on the pilot.

It isn't in a jet kit because stock 750 is 12.5, so I don't know why the dealer can't get them. K&L or Sudco are good sources. OEM Suzuki is the hard way. Would take a parts guy with a brain though. And probably a customer that knew what to ask for. The two wouldn't be very likely to meet.

It has a large effect on the low end, starting, and transition to the needle. A stock 750 motor with a pipe usually works better with a 15. With a milled head and race pipe, mine ('99 motor in '96 bike) would barely start with the 12.5 in it.

You'd put carbs on a fuelie motor if you were putting that motor in an older bike. Converting the bike to fuel injection is not a trivial task in terms of effort or money. The '98-'99 motors are more desirable because they have better cylinders, heads, and especially rods.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
well for me it would cost more to put the fuelie set up on mines due to the tank that i have painted its air brushed and the guy would have to redo bike if i was to convert here is a picture to see what i mean. Oh yeah don't ask me about the 1 rotor I know this already

other than that i would have been fuellie long time ago. If i add anything else to bike it will be a 1000 next to it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts