·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this vid. Kinda neat.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Yeah, bike must've shut up, that Porsche flew by it like it was standing still, definately wouldn't that power get up at that high speed.

Would like to see a rematch with the jet against a Turbo Busa, lol.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'd imagine that jet whipping past ya would make a lot of turbulence...not making excuses for why the bike didn't win or anything...just considering that it could be hard to ignore something like that.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
nice video

·
Registered
68 Posts
He must of started shutting down when he noticed he was like 5 car lengths ahead of the other two and then the jet flew bye him

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well considering it was only a Yamaha R1 of course he would lose like that. Once a jet and porsche hits top speed they will fly past the 180mph limited bike. If it was a turbo busa then that would be a much better challenge.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Well considering it was only a Yamaha R1 of course he would lose like that. Once a jet and porsche hits top speed they will fly past the 180mph limited bike. If it was a turbo busa then that would be a much better challenge.
How many Porche's do you know of that will wax a 180mph bike like that?

As far as I know the fastest 911's go about 220, correct me if I'm wrong. And I don't believe that was only 40mph between the two.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Nice VID...once that jet gets up to speed aint shit beating IT

·
Registered
170 Posts
From what I know about heavy jets on take off, there something called wake turbulence. It is actually dangerous to be doing this because the wings let off vortices, or small tornado type things. The vortices stay behind the jet, but can flip over a small aircraft if you follow less than 30 seconds directly behind the jet. The bike rider just simply took a shit in his pants when he heard that shit coming.

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
I don't think the a 911 turbo will hit 220mph. I believe the top speed is something like 190mph. Looks like the bike quit one the jet went past him.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
From what I know about heavy jets on take off, there something called wake turbulence. It is actually dangerous to be doing this because the wings let off vortices, or small tornado type things. The vortices stay behind the jet, but can flip over a small aircraft if you follow less than 30 seconds directly behind the jet. The bike rider just simply took a shit in his pants when he heard that shit coming.

Jet blast demonstration

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/Jetblast.mpeg

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I don't think the a 911 turbo will hit 220mph. I believe the top speed is something like 190mph. Looks like the bike quit one the jet went past him.
I believe 190 is just here in the U.S....over in Europe those things could probably hit 220. Don't know for sure though.

Either way the guy riding the bike had to have rolled off the throttle.

·
Registered
92 Posts
the european tt Porsche's can hit 220mph stock with the upgrade on the engine from the manufacturer. Although i'm not saying the biker didn't let off the throttle he might have.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts