Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just put a k&n filter and V/H exhaust im finding i have a flat spot at 7,xxx.
i am looking for a jet kit and i have no clue what to get or what i need.
i think i need a stage one jet kit.
What are some companys?
doesnt K&N have a stage one?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yes, K&N makes a stage one. Make sure that you get the correct kit for your year of bike, there are several differant ones because of small changes in the carbs on the SRAD's. The install is pretty straight forward, the only difficult things are getting the float bowl screws out and tuning the pilot screws when you are done. To ge the screws out make sure that you have a phillips head that fits the screws exactly. Insert the screwdriver and lightly hit the back of the screwdriver with a hammer, then try to turn it while applying very firm downward pressure on the driver. If the screw doesn't turn, don't strip it out, hit it with the hammer until it moves. Also a good idea to take those phillips head screws to hardware store and find replacement allen head screws, so they will come out easier in the future.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the other thing i was wondering was do i need to do some tunning after i put jet kit in.
im probly going to get flamed for this question.
just trying to learn

·
Registered
440 Posts
Definatly going to have to do some tuning! The big thing is read the instructions and install everything EXACTLY as they say to. Another biggy is only work on ONE carb at a time! Disassemble, install kit, reassemble and move on to the next one! This will ensure that everything inside the carbs is right and that you will have a baseline tune to start working off of. Once you get to that point, come back on here and do a search for "jet kit", or "jet kit install" and see what you come up with. What you are looking for in these posts is something talking about blipping the throttle to see if it is running rich or lean. The reason that I say to look for this is because it took me god knows how many hours to get mine done using the the instructions that came with it when it came to tuning the pilot screws. The directions in the DJ kit are good up until that point. If you do the "blip test" You should be able to tune it in an hour or so, +/-. If you need anything else, post it up, i'll try to be in here a bit in the next few days.

·
Registered
241 Posts
i am in the process of putting my jet kit in my 97 750 this week.

I need that "throttle blipping info" also!

I hope to have this thing back together and running good soon!

thanks for the info Cobra870!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts