Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't even know if my bike has a jet kit??? Somebody told me if I don't see one of those Power Commander thingies or something similar I don;t have one. I have a full Yoshi rs-3 exhaust on my 97 gixxer 600 and it runs fine...so what's the deal??? and where do I look?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Is an MJN Jet Kit the best way to go? will it run fine with a yosh slip on or should i look at getting the full system...? just need some advice i want some more performance out of my 600, any suggestion would be appreciated! thanks `Jay

one more thing what is the difference between the K&N stage 3 package and the MJN?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Originally posted by 97GSXR6OO:
I don't even know if my bike has a jet kit??? Somebody told me if I don't see one of those Power Commander thingies or something similar I don;t have one. I have a full Yoshi rs-3 exhaust on my 97 gixxer 600 and it runs fine...so what's the deal??? and where do I look?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">FYI, the Power Commanders are only for the FI bikes...not the carbed bikes.

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
With a slip on you really won't need a jet kit unless the bike starts running shitty. Very rare though.

Full system and a jet kit will give you preformance although the slip on is more for looks and sound.

I haven't put a jet kit in my bike so I will let others answer those questions. Also go through the FAQ there is alot of helpfull info in there about this question

jontflesh

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
To find out if you have a jet kit you would have to take the carbs apart and look at the jet numbers.

Anyhow. With a slip-on you dont HAVE to jet. But the bike will run a lot more smooth if you do.

With a full system, you SHOULD jet the bike...

Full system = more power, slip-on = more sound.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts