Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Jerky handling at Low speeds after FI C65 code lights up

914 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TwistedMister 
#1 ·
I can ride for an undetermined amount of time and at some point, when I shut/blip the throttle to change down, the FI light comes on and the normal GSXR smooth fueling has disappeared. The slightest throttle movement reacts like an on/off switch, lurching on opening and chopping the fuel on closing. It doesn’t stall the engine and it is ‘manageable’ with an extremely delicate wrist, and it behaves like that until I turn off and on the ignition, whereby it runs normal again, for a while... I have since learned to master a particular technique that will keep that light from coming on but with the attention that you pay to things going on around you you don't always think to follow through with the protocols that you have figured out to keep that light off and keep your bike running smoothly which it doesn't really change it too much unless you're at low speeds in traffic then it gets pretty hectic with the lurching the bike forward with the slightest bit of throttle and doing the same thing when you let off of it it immediately cuts the fuel and the bike kind of lurches backwards a little bit and then of course slightest little bit of acceleration will cause the bike to lurch forward not horribly bad but enough that it makes me uncomfortable to ride it like that so I'm constantly turning it off and restarting it but as I said I've learned how to sort of control it.

#2 ·
i'm getting a few responses, idle speed and clutch sensor, did you install new levers or anything? welp sensor is $18 or so easy enough to install you could try that..

or find the service manual for your specific bike and look up the code?

if it's not clutch switch check the idle circuit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.