Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GDC's only parttime ninja
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday was my first track day ever and i was wondering the first time you were at Jennings what did you struggle with. For me it was turn 11 and my lines. however i did get the hang of turn 11 and even put my knee down twice in that turn but only that turn.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
The toughest part for me was the T4-T5 area my first time down, because you can go into that a shitload faster than you think. By the end of the weekend I was a little better, and after my first race weekend down there I had it a lot better.

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
For me it was T8. That corner sneaks up on you. That whole T7/8 area still gives me a lil trouble.

But i love me some Jennings; it is one of my favorite tracks. Last time down there i got into the :19's and can't wait to go back again.

·
GDC's only parttime ninja
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But i love me some Jennings; it is one of my favorite tracks. Last time down there i got into the :19's and can't wait to go back again.
im not sure my times but seeing as it was my first track day ever i'm guessing :30's

·
60,366 Posts
:thumbup

·
Yeah buddy!!
640 Posts
My first time there it was T3 thru T5 that I had problems with!! I was being told by the CR's and instructors that you can enter that section alot faster but I could not bring myself to increase my speed! I still need some work in that area but have improved some!

·
60,366 Posts
T3 at Jennings is actually one of the fastest turns in the Southeast. You can definitely haul the mail through there. Depending on what bike im on, I will generally downshift from 6th to 4th, blip the throttle, let out the clutch and enter T3 without braking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts