Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeff I posted a thread on how to give my '89-1100 more power about a week ago that you responded to. I have access to a set of 40mm flat slides off of a canadian model in good shape. Would these work with my setup (stage 3) or are these too big and to look for 38mm's? Thanks for the help! Also what would YOU do to increase power without getting real expensive. In other words, what would give me the most for the least?

Aaron

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
do you mean 40mm flatslides, or the 40mm cv carbs that canadian model 1100's came with starting from 91?

40mm flatslides would be too big......38mm would work better.

depends on what you mean by 'not too much money'.....flatslides would probably give you the best bang for the buck over the stock 36mm slingshots, if you can get the flatslides for a good price.

[ 07-29-2001: Message edited by: jeff ]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the ones I'm talking about.null

Aaron

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok! Well I'll just wait than. I might get some head work done and some cams this winter! Maybe just a new 1000! Thanks for the info!

Aaron

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
If you're planning to make some power mods and can snap those 40CV's up for $225 or so then go for it... $250 is getting to be kinda high, you can find these carbs on the dragbike.com classifieds fairly often.

The 40mm venturi is probably a little too much of a good thing for a stock 1100... top end will be good, but you may find they soften the midrange response somewhat.

For running them in Stage III trim you can get the jet kit you'll need from Factory Pro (p/n CRB-S50-3.0-AFK)... if you're running the K&N SU-2922 filter they will also fit the 40's; FP will sell the kit without the bundled BMC filters if you call them direct.

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts