Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Parts Junkie
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to buy a slip on for my 03 1k. I've been wanting to get the carbon fiber rs-3 yoshi but I recently came across a Jardine on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...sspagename=WDVW

The price is good but I don't know much about either of the pipes. I did a search on the site and overall people said it was a good pipe except for one person saying it was "cheap".

So, should I spend the $100 more and get the yoshimura? I've seen the Jardine in person, and it looks pretty good(didn't get to hear it though).

Can anyone compare what the 2 sound like? Maybe even post a clip of either?

·
Banned
234 Posts
Ever thought about gutting out your pipe? I used to do that but unfortunately, suzuki's fugly pipe warrants me to change the entire piece for aestethics effect as well.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
go with yosh...
i just put a SS RS3 slipon on my 1k and love it

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Yes, definately go with the Yosh in carbon fiber. Wasn't it someone on here who said that even Team Honda used to run Akro pipes on their RC51s but were obligted to put Jardine badges on them for contract reasons. I was also looking in this month's Motor Cyclist magazine and in their long term testing they showed how they took their RC51 test bike and dropped either an Akro or Arata slip on for a Jardine, and lost 6 HP in the process.

Don't know if that holds true on Suzuki's, but I'd definately say stick with a company that works closely with Suzuki anyway........Yosh.

·
Registered
479 Posts
i'd go with Yosh. I have a C/F Tri Half System on my K3 now. Great sound and power! Switching to Hindle only because i got a full Ti system on a good deal, thinking about still using the Yosh Can because it looks sooo good!

·
Parts Junkie
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like Yoshimura is the way to go. I am wanting the oval carbon fiber rs-3 so if you have a used one for sale let me know!!

c5vette put his up in the classifieds but I was a little late, damn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts