Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an admirer of Japanese tuning shop built oil cooled GSX-R's with their blend of modern and period high-end tuning parts. I wanted something like that for myself, that hopefully could be worthy of creations by JB Power, TG Run, Advantage, Moto Junkie or Bright Logic etc.

As my own project bike I sourced an exceptionally clean and tidy 1100H from a guy who had owned it for more than 20 years. He's bordering on OCD when it comes to maintenance and cleaning, so it's in an unbelievably great condition to use as the project base. It'll be a joy bolting on nice goodies without painstaking restoration work first.

The boredom that comes with long term ownership meant the bike had already been messed with so I can heavily modify it guilt free. It's got some OK mods that will be useful, but there's some that you'd have to question what he was thinking at the time. :wtf

I know that many will say that I should put it back to stock as it's so clean, but where's the fun in that, eh? :)

I've been gathering bits for 18 months and now it's ready to start.

One of my favourite tuning shop bikes as inspiration.........Bright Logic's GSX-R 1100

Mine as I got it, complete with hanging offence K1 seat unit conversion. (Amongst other hideous parts).

........and so it begins:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Shame it had the K rear end, didn't add anything, only took away . . . nice and clean though.
Look forward to seeing it transform FOK :cheers
That Bright Logic bike looks Mutt's - is that a Yoshimura Tornado type fairing on it ?

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Yup, I agree with Nick. That tail does nothing for the bike. I would have put on a LTD tail instead. Much nicer. Other than that, it's a good looking bike.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shame it had the K rear end, didn't add anything, only took away . . . nice and clean though.
Look forward to seeing it transform FOK :cheers
That Bright Logic bike looks Mutt's - is that a Yoshimura Tornado type fairing on it ?
Yep, K seat unit was first to get removed and sold even before the rest got started, just out of embarrassment while it was stored! Levers and caliper brackets are next for the scrap bin, before anyone thinks I had something to do with them too! :lol

There's a good few Yoshimura parts on that Bright Logic bike. I believe that the guy who owns and runs Bright Logic is ex-Yoshimura Japan race crew and is still very well connected there.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
installling K tail sections was the thing to do about 10 years ago, along with 916 tails.

looking forward to your build. keep us posted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I took a photo of this very bike in July 2010 at the GSXR day @ Snetterton. His friends that were with him also had some nice bikes!!

It was very clean!

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
That was a good day at Snetterton. Even if I did have a I`ll get my coat moment when the BSB Relentless riders over took me.

I took a photo of this very bike in July 2010 at the GSXR day @ Snetterton. His friends that were with him also had some nice bikes!!

It was very clean!

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Brake brackets :biggrin

Wooden template to check it all fit`s

Machine everything away that doesn`t look like a a brake bracket.

The other side

Ta Da

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
About this Discussion
97 Replies
36 Participants
kiwisuzuki1100
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing