Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,563 Posts
There's going to be several days of rain shortly. Hopefully no mudslides as in Montecito.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's going to be several days of rain shortly. Hopefully no mudslides as in Montecito.
Yeah it is supposed to start raining here in LA in a few hours. Btw......Any good riding spots you recommend in your area? I do love the 33 between Gorman and Ojai, otherwise I havent really ridden up there.

Used to do downhill mountain biking, remember a spot called Tunnels up there.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,563 Posts
CA-58 is supposed to be nice. See this. But it's a hike to get to it.

SR-154 is nice and the Cold Spring Tavern is popular with bikers when the weather is better. It's the road to take if you ever go to the motorcycle museum in Solvang. Camino Cielo is paved going east from 154 at San Marcos Pass. It winds along the mountain ridge and has fantastic views. It's at least as twisty as Mulholland. At the other end you take Gibraltar down to 192, which runs through Montecito to the 101. Actually some of the nicest parts of Camino Cielo are east of Gibraltar. But it changes to dirt after 7 miles and you have to turn around.

Further west, the ride on US 1 along the coast from Cambria to Monterey is generally considered to be one of the most scenic in the US. But landslides can close it so you have to check in advance. I've wanted to ride it as part of attending the Laguna Seca races but could never find someone to haul my tent, etc.

P.S. Here's about halfway down Gibraltar. Can't vouch for its truth but I was told that Lance Armstrong used to train on it. This is right on the Camino Cielo ridge where you can look down both to the north and the south. I think that's Gibraltar below.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
BillV
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing