Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be taking both wheels off to do a little maintenance. I don't own a stand right now so what would be the best thing to do? I've seen pictures of guys with milk crates under their exhaust. Wouldn't this dent the pipe?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
A block under the side stand, and some Jack Stands under the the peg-mounts(might have to pull the pipe)and remopve all body work
and then after the fucker falls once or twice you will spend the 100 and get a stand

-Karl

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KJ1:
A block under the side stand, and some Jack Stands under the the peg-mounts(might have to pull the pipe)and remopve all body work
and then after the fucker falls once or twice you will spend the 100 and get a stand

-Karl
<hr></blockquote>

or...Throw a block and tackle over the rafters above and hoist the beast into the air.

Then get yourself a pair of stands

·
Registered
434 Posts
2 concrete cinder blocks and 2 4x4's and put them on the frame rails works fine have to take the body work off, best to have help sliding the blocks under.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If you decide to hoist it from the rafters I would suggest having someone makes sure that the sucker doesn't tip as you are doing it. Unfortunately I learned the hard way, I walked away for a second and it managed to roll over in the straps while just the back was in the air and snap off one of my brand new short stalk lights (thank god that's all that got damaged).

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts