Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first riding jacket this week. It's a Fieldsheer Mach 4.

I rode with it for the first time today and noticed I'm having a tougher time turning my head to look over my shoulder. Also, after riding a while, my neck is tired like I'm having to force to keep my head up. Similar to riding with a hooded sweatshirt that's all bunched up behind your helmet.

It's hard to tell from the riding position, but I think my helmet is rubbing against the back armor and causing me to press back to keep my head up. The turning problem comes from the helmet hitting the shoulder pad.

The jacket seems to fit alright. Maybe a tad long in the arms, but other than that, fine. The shoulder pags are just bulky and I can live with that.

Has anybody else experienced this problem and come up with a remedy aside from just removing the spine armor? Are there smaller sizes I can get, or maybe one that doesn't go up so high in the back?

Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
431 Posts
does it have a collar? i had similar problems till i got my icon motorhead which is collarless.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
The problem is the collar is too tall:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm... Yeah it does have a collar. I got to looking in the mirror and saw that when I get into riding position, the back protector can slide up and press against the back of my helmet. I am able to pull down on the tail slightly to get it out of the way. I took it out and sat out the bike and there was less resistance. I still hit the shoulder pads when turning, but meh.

I'm going to go tomorrow without the back protector to see how much difference it makes. I don't want to get rid of it, was hoping to maybe find a piece that was smaller.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Yeah, you might want to invest in a little higher end all leather jacket and make sure it's collar-less. It might off less wind protection in the cold, but once it starts getting very hot, you'll like having that breeze on your neck.

·
Registered
431 Posts
i wouldnt remove the back protector, it is there for a reason, namely, to protect your back! is it too late to return/exchange it for a collarless one (maybe leather too)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts