Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you prefer? I live in TN so open carry is allowed. Just tryin to catch other opinions. I just ordered a galco IWB holster and one from hanks gun leather. All my others are OWB.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
IWB during the colder months. In the summer I carry OWB but still concealed under a shirt. It keeps the gun from dripping with sweat and condensation at work--for the most part. I've still had one Glock , two M&Ps and a couple P3ATs rust on me (which is why I now have the slides coated.) I very rarely will open carry which is legal but I don't care for the attention.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. Just wanted some extra opinions, thanks!

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
IWB, Concealed, Always.

I "can" open carry. I wont.

For one it makes you a target to a bad guy IMO. Say you are in the gas station, and he comes in intent on robbing the place. Sees you have a gun. He may just pop your ass first... then proceed.

Second, I dont look like a thug, but I dont look like an off duty cop either. Open carry is still extremely rare, and a lot of people freak out or are uneasy at the site of a gun openly carried. You can/will have "man with a gun" calls still. I have had it happen when mine just peeked out once. Even if you are carrying legal, the cops have to respond and investigate. Huge waste of my time. Just not worth making grammas heart rate go up in Wal Mart when I reach for a box of coco-puffs and she sees I am armed and in her ancient brain thinks I MUST be about to hit her with said box of coco puffs, hold a gun to her head, and take her lunch money....... people who dont know guns think weird... as evidenced by the fact the dont like guns :D :cool :lmao

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lmao that's funny. My Grannie actually carries, a s&w in her glove box and a colt around her waist. Every day. Lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
I prefer IWB. Utah also allows open carry but I like having surprise to my advantage.
Utahn here, I carry open and concealed but usually conceal when I'm in public. When I do open Carry, I try to have a shirt covering it. You can still see the printing but its not as obvious. When I'm out in the mountains, hiking, fishing, geocaching, ect, I always open carry. Its alot easier to open carry when I have a pack, fishing rod and other stuff.

·
Registered
47 Posts
whatever is more comfortable for you!!! and whatever way you can wear it that will keep in concealed. consider things such as bending over to pick something up, reaching up to something and running. comfort and concealability.

·
Registered
102 Posts
IWB, Concealed, Always.

I "can" open carry. I wont.

For one it makes you a target to a bad guy IMO. Say you are in the gas station, and he comes in intent on robbing the place. Sees you have a gun. He may just pop your ass first... then proceed.

Second, I dont look like a thug, but I dont look like an off duty cop either. Open carry is still extremely rare, and a lot of people freak out or are uneasy at the site of a gun openly carried. You can/will have "man with a gun" calls still. I have had it happen when mine just peeked out once. Even if you are carrying legal, the cops have to respond and investigate. Huge waste of my time. Just not worth making grammas heart rate go up in Wal Mart when I reach for a box of coco-puffs and she sees I am armed and in her ancient brain thinks I MUST be about to hit her with said box of coco puffs, hold a gun to her head, and take her lunch money....... people who dont know guns think weird... as evidenced by the fact the dont like guns :D :cool :lmao
Perfect summary of why I religiously carry concealed and IWB.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Moto Joe couldn't have explained why I carry iwb any better if he tried. But the main reason is that I would rather no one know that I have a weapon (or two) on me or what kind of weapons i have on me. If someone is about to do something stupid ( I.e. rob the store, gas station you're in, etc...) , they're prepared for confrontation if they see you're carrying. No common thug on a power trip thinks that the guy standing behind him at wal mart is going to put a .45 to his head if he pulls his knife on the cashier. Nothing beats the element of surprise

Side note...if you ever have to draw your weapon, u best be damn prepared to use it. If u have one hanging on your waist for the world to see, you might just be asking for trouble

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S lll

1 - 16 of 16 Posts