Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I\'ve exhausted my patience

I've watched ebay, I've watched the classified section, Ive contacted local dealers, I've contacted some (but not all) of the site sponsers and I can't find an NOS or Near new left mid for my red/blue '86 1100.

This is my appeal to the masses, if you have one or know someone who has one that might be for sale please let me know. Apologies in advance to moderators and board ownership - I'm a desperate man.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Re: I\'ve exhausted my patience

I really don't see too many red/blue 1100 body parts on eBay.
But I'll definitely be on the lookout.

Sometimes people list parts incorrectly and it takes some luck to find them.

Isn't Robben looking for that same piece ?

·
Farm OG
2,801 Posts

Yup, he sure is. What is it with that piece and the red/blue scheme?
I ever see any, I am gonna buy em all up. With that kind of demand, I should be able to start up a HELL of a bidding war!

How ya like me now, Robben?

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts

How ya like me now, Robben?
Yer an okay bro in my books still ...

I figure there's a few pieces still out there. These people just aren't on the net or something... and have no clue how to get rid of them. Patience will pay off. Or dumb luck.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts

Manito, I feel your pain as well. I am on the ever quest of trying to find a complete RED/Black 87 1100 nos pieces or the red/blue pieces for the 86. I just want to put a complete assembly in NOS pieces for my 1100 that I am putting together. Unfortunately it's tuff ,and you and I both have been searching on EBAY for them. I did find a company out of Canada that is currently making complete DECAL sets for the 1986 750 re/black and white/Blue. And I mean COMPLETE sets. I purchased the 1986 red/black 750 for the "other" frame I am putting together. I have been in communication with a guy named Mark Olan. He told me that they are in the process of making the 1986 1100 decals. They are missing a few pieces and are getting close to making complete sets. I was excited to see somone making identical sets like this. Here is a link to the site.

http://www.afegraphics.com/reproset.htm

I know they are looking for any assistance in completing some of the pieces for the 86 1100's from any current owners. This could be a solution for some of us who cannot find all NOS pieces.

Rob

·
Panty Buncher
181 Posts

The various fairing pieces are still available from Suzuki, but only in the un-painted version.

You could continue trying eBay, but there is no guarantee that the color scheme you are looking for will show up any time soon. You can also try salvage yards; most of the salvage yards are on a nation-wide network, so if your local salvage yard doesn't have it, they can put out a call to salvage yards across the U.S.

Your best bet, though, would be to get an OEM piece, either in the unpainted version or in another color scheme, and have it re-painted to the color scheme that you want.

Don't bother mixing and matching OEM pieces with aftermarket pieces; they just don't fit well together...

·
Premium Member
372 Posts

Give Pedro a call at CNC Motors in Omaha, Ne, 402-731-4560. Last I knew he had a complete nos body in those colors, not to mention a mint, ( and this guys mint is better than showroom new) 86 750 limited edition. He had lots of old school stuff, tell him EJ sent ya. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.