Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
CONGRATS~! :cheers

I'm really glad that you had the maturity and humility to start on a GSF and it seems like you really took the time to take care of your bike and learn how to ride it well. this is exactly what everyone else should be doing as novice riders. :thumbup

Reactions: TWISTED METAL

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the compliments...Everyone that i ride with is really hyped to see me get a more capable bike...they mainly wanna see how fast i really am, so they say...conscidering i have no problems, other than my bike, keeping up with them on our twisty backroads...
I get get nothing but advice to get a 750, but i think it'll be better for me to get a 600, for the learning experience i want, and for the cheaper insurance...
All season, i've seen and have learned alot....guys would ride with us on their brand new race reps. and then get served up...someone has wrecked almost every sunday this season....I think it's partially because they can't believe i'm either in front of them or right behind them on my parallel twin...

Here's the result of that... one time i was behind a Duc. ...

It's gotten to the point where i am constantly beating up the baby G...both pegs scrape the ground....tires last 4000 miles, and the suspension is starting to scare me...I afraid i'm gonna push it past it's limits...I think i have quite a few times...

·
Banned
3,512 Posts
nice glad you decided to learn on a smaller bike which a lot of guys don't seem to do anymore. good luck on that gixxer6 when u get her lets see some pics bro.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again y'all...
What happened with the ducati was basic, the guy didn't know the roads well enough and was tryin to keep up with us...It was a real tight left, almost a u-turn...He passed the apex and throttled out too much and went slightly wide, his real wheel came off the pavement and he lowsided...luckly he had on full leathers cause he slid a good 30 yrds. and his Duc. went about 50...
I can't wait to get my hands on my next bike...photos will be up asap!
And track days are definitely in order...I was gonna track the babyGS next season, but i'm really really really over that bike...it's a turd to me now...don't get me wrong, it's still fun to ride, but i'm just over it...cycleoptions.com
As of now i have a full Icon street gear...I'll prolly get a set of full leathers first, and then my bike...

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
RoMello said:
I was gonna track the babyGS next season, but i'm really really really over that bike...it's a turd to me now...don't get me wrong, it's still fun to ride, but i'm just over it...cycleoptions.com
As of now i have a full Icon street gear...I'll prolly get a set of full leathers first, and then my bike...
I'm gonna give ya some green blocks for that. If that sort of thing matters to you. :punk

That's sort of funny about the Duc. Couldn't stand the "little" GS on his ass. Especially considering he paid 3x as much for his bike as you did yours. :lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
hell yea! My fourth post and fourth green block!

Here's a picture of the Ducati crash site...from the lowside, to where his bike stands...where i picked it up...He's lucky he didn't highside down the hillside...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.