Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It\'s snowing here right now but...

we had a sunny weekend. Took my bike out first time after October, had to inflate tyres, jump start the poor thing and off I went as if there was no tomorrow. In hurry wore my summer Dainese jacket. It was bloody freezing (between 1 and 2 degree centigrades) but I loved every bit of it. My car would not cross 70mph but here I was doing 140+ down M4. Lurrrrrrvely. There was only one glitch, red lining in second gear at around 100mph it hessitated for a second, it was at or beyond red line at the time. I had done more than 20 miles and the bike was nicely warmed up for any kind of thrashing. After a while I red lined it again in third but there was no hesitation. Anyway reached my local Motorcycle Shitty for the usual show off and stuff and the guys and the bird in clothing department were well impressed. She asked me to come in and stand under the fan heather and then tried to sell me some winter clothing but I already have a technik winter jacket somewhere.
Anyway it was a cold but lovely day which broke the monotony of this the wettest bloody winter imaginable. It's snowing in London right now, but not long left till spring and we'll have some fun for sure

·
Registered
265 Posts
Re: It\'s snowing here right now but...

RAZ, Great to hear you got back on the road
! My bike is my daily transportation, and here in South Florida I have had 2 weeks straight of relentless 40*f-50*f. My point is no matter how much it sucks it's still great to be on the bike! As for the hesitation, maybe it's just blowing out deposits accumulated over the 3 months? Maybe you shifted the nanosecond the limiter was disabling the ignition? I don't know, but be happy it was only once & not recurring!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Re: It\'s snowing here right now but...

here here to that.. I am still riding my bike when I can in 31 deg Fahr. weather up to 50 deg lately.. I love riding every chance I get.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts