Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It\'s not mine but at least I got to break it in! SO HOT

Oh man what a crazy couple of days I've had.... I'll try to keep it short and sweet:

My buddy was gonna lose his license when he went to court last Wed to fight a driving-while-suspended charge but the cop didn't show, so HE WON!
He has put off buying his new bike due to this, but now that he won we went and got it on Thursday... a brand new 05 Ducati 999, black

now this is where it gets fun for me. We were gonna go to the DMV on Friday for him to renew the motorcycle-part of his license cuz he let it expire due to the whole legal issue that he thought he was gonna lose... but it's a holiday so the DMV was closed on friday.

ANother thing that worked in my favor is the fact that he hates breaking in new bikes, so guess what. He gave it to me for the weekend (3 days) for me to break in for him

Needless to say I decided to skip out on stunt-riding this weekend and I took the 999 on a serious 1000km long canyon carve and spent the night at a camp-party at my parents friends new Vineyard in Penticton. I went to pick up my g/f and supprised her and took her for half the ride (she came back in a car cuz the seats on the bike are too hard LOL...

Anyhoo... bottom line is that I am completly in love with this bike. I have had a Ducati obsession for many years, and have lots of ducati gear (including a wicked leather jacket I got in Italy). I have also ridden a few ducaties, but never like this. It is settled. I always planned to get one one day, but now this is it... My next bike is going to be a 999 and I am already putting some $ aside to start the fund. It's gonna take a long time, but it'll be worth it... and no, I'm never selling the gixxer or the stunt bike, I need them all cuz the 999 sucks at highway wheelies, so I still need the gixxer, and there is no way I'm gonna be 12ing either of the nice bikes so the stunt bike is a must. I must have it all

The only problem with the bike is that it is geared super tall, so 6th gear is almost like a useless overdrive, but that can be easily fixed, and I'm thinking +3 or 4 in the rear will do it

The front brakes are by far the best I have ever felt in my life

now for some hotness

·
Registered
219 Posts
Re: I wish it was mine but at least I got to break it in! SO HOT

May be great to ride, but I still don't like the looks of the new ones. If I were to get one it would have to be an older model. Nice scenery.....I would love to take a trip there.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts

Great pics. Lucky man!! I didn't like the 999 until I saw it in person, and fell in love with it also. It looked and felt incredibly tiny........would love to have one.

·
Registered
886 Posts

I dont know what it is about Ducs..... but they dont look good to me...

And they ride worse then they look....

A buddy and I traded for a couple minutes and i couldnt wait to trade back. hated it.

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: I wish it was mine but at least I got to break it in! SO

i guess it all depends on what you like... I loved every minute on that bike

·
Shaved Leg Hippie
124,243 Posts

Which was outside of Vancouver was your ride? Gorgeous scenery

·
Registered
995 Posts

the new ducs are sick. i have a 2001 748s that i love, but i really want to get one of the new ones. after graduation i feel the 999s is gonna be calling my name. remember to brake it like you ride it!! and take that thing back out and get rid of those chiken strips, thats what a good friend would do.

·
Registered
969 Posts

I like ducs but just can't fork out that type of money...yet. I like that black!

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

the new ducs are sick. i have a 2001 748s that i love, but i really want to get one of the new ones. after graduation i feel the 999s is gonna be calling my name. remember to brake it like you ride it!! and take that thing back out and get rid of those chiken strips, thats what a good friend would do.
way ahead of you... I broke her in like a champ... chicken strips? what chicken strips

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

Nice skid.....Wish i had friends like that.....u lucky fuk!

·
Registered
868 Posts

Nice bike. Hope you had some fun on it.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts

great ride!!! My friend (older and wiser then myself) traded his 1000 for a 999.... I don't like the sounds of the engine but it handled like a dream...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts

I used to have a 748 and I look forward to buying a 749 on day.
The 9 series bikes look better in person...

·
Registered
685 Posts

so your out trying to do freeway wheelies on your buddys new 999, that he let you borrow to break in for the weekend?

larger calhounes than i bro. . .

·
Registered
5,058 Posts

I'm guessing you took this fine opportunity to break it in the, "Moto-tune" method eh?
Wish I had friends like that, must be nice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts