Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It\'s Final

I am officially taking my bike off the street. Not that it was legal anyway but my G/F has given the approval to start racing again, with some conditions.
1. Don't Travel.
2. Don't spend too much money.

Actually I offered up the conditions and although I am pretty stoked about this I realize that it will be about a year or so before I can actually see a track. I need to finish my blazer project before I can throw any money at the old gixxer, and it needs some money thrown at it. But the year time line will let me do a couple of things like:
1. Make custom tail section.
2. Lift sub frame up about 2-4 inches to make up for lowered seat. I would be happy to explain this if anyone does not know why.
3. Put newer swing arm on.
4. Re-wire bike again
5. Get new race plastic w/o headlight hole.
6. Contemplate newer forks and wheels.
7. Get new tires.
8. Decision on removing starter and alternator again (this might take the entire year).

Did I say I wouldn’t spend too much money? She knows that story.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: It\'s Final

Lets not talk about actual $$$'s. I have never had a cheap project. She knows that if something needs done around the house or if I gota fix it, I'll have to buy a tool, guaranteed. Every time I start another project It seems to take years and thousands of $$$'s. If I got it I can spend it (right now I don't), and hey I already saved $42.50 in registration fees and $98.00 0n insurance.

G

·

Originally posted by Yosh:
[QB]I am officially taking my bike off the street. Not that it was legal anyway but my G/F has given the approval to start racing again, with some conditions.
1. Don't Travel.
QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Thats funny!!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

Originally posted by GixxerRacer371:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Yosh:
[QB]I am officially taking my bike off the street. Not that it was legal anyway but my G/F has given the approval to start racing again, with some conditions.
1. Don't Travel.
QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Thats funny!!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL yeah... just a thought, but ya'all might wanna define what constitutes "too much money" ahead-of-time as I know I have different ideas about that than the general population... ???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts