Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1886 GSX-R750, 1988 GSX-R1100, plus 5 other non-Gixxer bikes
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my ‘88 1100 (with flat slide carbs) runs great from an aux tank with the #2 vacuum hose capped.
But when I connect the vacuum hose (see pic) to the petcock it idles WAY too high, like it has a vacuum leak and is sucking too much air.
What am I doing wrong?
9DE61DA9-47A0-4394-8BBB-32A081138E1B.jpeg

·
Registered
1886 GSX-R750, 1988 GSX-R1100, plus 5 other non-Gixxer bikes
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
According to this manual, it looks like there is only one hose coming from the petcock. How can that be? I thought it was vacuum activated?
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 6.20.34 PM.png

·
Registered
54 Posts
It has to be an air leak somewhere in the vacuum hose. If you zoom in on the pic you posted it almost looks like there is a small crack towards the top of the hose in the pic. I’m having some vacuum problems on mine at the moment. I just ordered a petcock to switch to gravity operated. My problem is that from a aux tank using gravity feed it’s fine, but when I connect the vacuum hose and shut the bike off I get a slight gas leak from one of the carb overflows when the bike isn’t running. I rebuild the stock carb but used one of those cheap kits, at this point I just feel it’s easier to use a on / off petcock so I don’t have to mess with it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts