Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In other words, will this be the toughest competition that the Patriots face en route to perfection? As much as I would LOVE to see Green Bay take it all this season for nostalgic reasons but really don't think either the Giants or the Packers have anything for the Patriots. The Pack have made an amazing run but I just don't think they are the same caliber at all areas (offense, defense and special teams) as the Patriots. As I watch the Chargers playing the Patriots right now they look pretty good but even the 'most talented team in the NFL' won't have enough in the tank for the Patriots IMO. I'm just wondering how many people think that this is the Superbowl before the finalities for the Patriots.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
What you forget is the giants nearly beat the pats in the last regular season game, so they do actually pose a threat. as a new englander and New England fan I would take a loss in the super bowl from the Packers better then the Giants. Their is so much rivalry between New York and New England teams that if we have to lose we would rather it not be to a New York team.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I would love to say that the Pats are going to walk on whoever they play, but if Brady has three picks again, I really don't know. The Pats d really stepped it up after those turnovers which held the chargers to only field goals. If the chargers got 7s instead of 3s the game would have turned out differently. If the Pats play error free football at the level they have all year, they should walk on either team they end up playing in the Superbowl.

Fuck Miami, 19-0 Bitches!!!:punk:punk:punk

:cheers

·
Registered
169 Posts
What you forget is the giants nearly beat the pats in the last regular season game, so they do actually pose a threat. as a new englander and New England fan I would take a loss in the super bowl from the Packers better then the Giants. Their is so much rivalry between New York and New England teams that if we have to lose we would rather it not be to a New York team.
i agree! but then there is the "revenge" aspect that we as NE fans have toward green bay. if the pats didnt make it, i would be rooting for green bay 100%!!! they have come a long way and farve has as well. its amazing how much he has improved over last year since :cheers he put the bottle down!

but with that said, if we were to lose, i would much rather lose to the pack then the giants

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was good to see some of the wiley ol' veterans step up the defense when the Pats needed it he most. Junior and Teddy both got their names called in big situations so it was nice to see that.

I REALLY don't want to see the Giants on the Superbowl. The Packers are the team that America loves and the Giants are the team that America hates. So far so good for GB even though they only lead by one point.... that's all it takes to win. That pass to Driver was insane! I didn't think he was going to make it the full 90yds. I thought he would get about 30yds out of it as I was watching but he shocked me. That Giant secondary is sad if they couldn't catch an aging Driver who isn't 100% when they had the line on him.

For those that think the Giants would stand a chance in the Superbowl against the Pats... think again. That last game of the season was for nothing and they still won it. You think they wouldn't destroy them in the Superbowl? I think out of the two remaining teams the Pack has the best overall chance at winning and match up better than the Giants but am still worried the Pats will just be too much either way. I'll be pulling for the old man though should they get past the Giants tonight.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I CANT BELIEVE NEW YORK IS GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:wtf:thumbdown

oh well i guess it will just be like last year with the bears... the team that just doesnt belong there...gets there

green bay lost this game cause they just didnt want to win...they made SOOOO many stupid mistakes it not even funny

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They looked absolutely horrible and had countless chances to put the Giants away. Truly good teams would take advantage of those opportunities.

·
Registered
169 Posts
They looked absolutely horrible and had countless chances to put the Giants away. Truly good teams would take advantage of those opportunities.
definitly! farve just didnt seem like he had it tonight. he kept trying to put the game away with one throw and when he wasnt trying to do that he was trying to get the screen to work and that just wasnt going to happen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts